Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MagicThief83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
NYC
Has anyone here used winclone to resize a bootcamp partition? I need to make mine larger. Is it a difficult process, and has it given anyone any issues afterwards?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Which Mac, version of OS X and version of Winclone are we talking about?

I've used Winclone 2.x on 10.5/10.6 extensively, but things get a bit more complicated with 10.7/10.8.

B

MagicThief83

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
NYC
Which Mac, version of OS X and version of Winclone are we talking about?

I've used Winclone 2.x on 10.5/10.6 extensively, but things get a bit more complicated with 10.7/10.8.

B

I'm using mountain lion and will use winclone 3.

rscheil

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2012
Chicago, IL
Resizing Boot Camp

Yes, you can use Winclone 3 to resize your Boot Camp to a larger partition. Make sure to do a file-based backup along with creating the Winclone image. There is a tutorial here: http://twocanoes.com/support/winclone/resizing-a-bootcamp-partition-with-winclone

Since you will be increasing the size of the Boot Camp partition, you can skip the step on shrinking the file system prior to imaging.

If you have questions or problems, please send us an email at support@twocanoes.com. Best of luck.

Regards,

Russell Scheil
Twocanoes Software, Inc.
twocanoes.com

TCaracci

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
Naperville
MagicThief83 did we solve your resizing issue?

In related news we have released Winclone 3.7 our current users can open Winclone and get all the updates automatically (or you might have to go to winclone tab and select check for updates).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.