Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:40 PM   #101
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLS460 View Post
Do you use the PS Flat Bumper with any edge wraps to protect the surface of metalic edges? If yes, how does it fit? Thanks!
I actually do. It's really really tight if you use Sticker Boy's side wraps. I used the clear wraps from them which is awesome, and when I put it on. It felt really tight, and I wasn't digging it all that much. So i took it off, and liked the fit better without it.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:35 PM   #102
michaelfields
macrumors regular

Does this work with the glas.tr?
michaelfields is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:49 PM   #103
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelfields View Post
Does this work with the glas.tr?
Yep. Look at the pics I posted on the last page, I have a GLAS.tR with it, and it works flawlessly with it.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:51 PM   #104
michaelfields
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCooz View Post
Yep. Look at the pics I posted on the last page, I have a GLAS.tR with it, and it works flawlessly with it.
Awesome. Is it flush with the glas'tr or does it stop below it?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:56 AM   #105
kampongkid
macrumors regular

I had a wrap on my phone and installing the bumper tore it. The fit is extremely snug. Don't really see a reason that you'd need a wrap with this one anyway.
kampongkid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:10 AM   #106
kampongkid
macrumors regular

Quote:
Awesome. Is it flush with the glas'tr or does it stop below it?
I think the glas tr is slightly raised because I have a bg pure and its perfectly flush.
kampongkid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:30 AM   #107
michaelfields
macrumors regular

Can I just point out the ridiculousness of this site's "discount" codes?

This first one is with the DH58GCGWQC code that http://chuwajapanimports.wazala.com/?page=product_det&id=114423 says to use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	389951  
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:33 AM   #108
michaelfields
macrumors regular

This second one is with the THATTECHSHOW discount code.

Why does the shipping cost to THE SAME EXACT ADDRESS change depending on which "discount" code you use?

Idk if it's just me but I really want this bumper but idk if I can justify spending that much on a fraction of a case and on top of it the "discount" you're getting doesn't discount anything.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	389952  
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:47 AM   #109
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
This second one is with the THATTECHSHOW discount code.

Why does the shipping cost to THE SAME EXACT ADDRESS change depending on which "discount" code you use?

Idk if it's just me but I really want this bumper but idk if I can justify spending that much on a fraction of a case and on top of it the "discount" you're getting doesn't discount anything.
Should've used that coupon when I got it.. But I think the "THATTECHSHOW" coupon seems to be changing the shipping cost. It subtracts $5 more off the shipping. That's not much but still the bumper is sexy. You'll love it.

Which one are you thinking of getting?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:50 AM   #110
michaelfields
macrumors regular

Quote:
Should've used that coupon when I got it.. But I think the "THATTECHSHOW" coupon seems to be changing the shipping cost. It subtracts $5 more off the shipping. That's not much but still the bumper is sexy. You'll love it.

Which one are you thinking of getting?
That actually makes more sense. I've had a bit to drink so that may have just flown over my head since I tried that one first >.<

I was lusting over the black one since it seemed to be closest to keeping the phone the same aesthetically. I just really need something to cover the sides of this phone because they're already chipped just from putting a case on them.
michaelfields is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:06 AM   #111
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
That actually makes more sense. I've had a bit to drink so that may have just flown over my head since I tried that one first >.<

I was lusting over the black one since it seemed to be closest to keeping the phone the same aesthetically. I just really need something to cover the sides of this phone because they're already chipped just from putting a case on them.
You should try and get the metallic colors (So we could see some closeup pics!) I think they look pretty sexy. The silver one on my white iPhone looks pretty good, but I should've opt in for the Metallic colors! Too bad they were unavailable when i got mine..

I also noticed that this seller seems to be the cheapest when using the 2nd code..? Right? $57 total compared to $59 on the other seller
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:53 PM   #112
MyLS460
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I actually do. It's really really tight if you use Sticker Boy's side wraps. I used the clear wraps from them which is awesome, and when I put it on. It felt really tight, and I wasn't digging it all that much. So i took it off, and liked the fit better without it.
Thanks MarkCooz! One more question - what do you use to protect the back without covering up the Apple logo, etc? Supposedly the sheet that comes with the PS Flat Bumper is not very good (bubbles).
MyLS460 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:01 PM   #113
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Thanks MarkCooz! One more question - what do you use to protect the back without covering up the Apple logo, etc? Supposedly the sheet that comes with the PS Flat Bumper is not very good (bubbles).
I personally just use Sticker Boy's skin. Top/Bottom skin and using an SGP back screen protector in Matte. Sticker Boy has tons of selections and are amazing quality. I have My Sticker Boy thread here you can check out.

Cheers! Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the bumper. Which did you pick up?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:21 PM   #114
MyLS460
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I personally just use Sticker Boy's skin. Top/Bottom skin and using an SGP back screen protector in Matte. Sticker Boy has tons of selections and are amazing quality. I have My Sticker Boy thread here you can check out.

Cheers! Looking forward to seeing your pictures of the bumper. Which did you pick up?
I am buying 2 PS Flat Bumpers - black for my black iPhone 5, and silver and white for my daughter's white version. Do you see any problem with fitting the Sticker-boy back skin with the Power Support Flat Bumper? I just want to make sure that the bumper will not be inteferred by the Sticker-boy skin (e.g., overlapping which may result in the bumper not sitting correctly. I will post pictures once done. Thanks again!

Can you post a close up picture of the back of your phone showing the detail of your current set up? Thanks!

Last edited by annk; Jan 14, 2013 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Post merge
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:08 PM   #115
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I am buying 2 PS Flat Bumpers - black for my black iPhone 5, and silver and white for my daughter's white version. Do you see any problem with fitting the Sticker-boy back skin with the Power Support Flat Bumper? I just want to make sure that the bumper will not be inteferred by the Sticker-boy skin (e.g., overlapping which may result in the bumper not sitting correctly. I will post pictures once done. Thanks again!

Can you post a close up picture of the back of your phone showing the detail of your current set up? Thanks!

I didn't have any problems using my Sticker Boy Skins for the back.. Side skins might be too snug for the bumper.. As long as you aligned it perfectly center with the middle/top/bottom skins. You Should be okay.

I can't post any other pics since my camera is in my Apartment in L.A. I'm back home with family friends for two weeks.

I found a really nice video though. Seems to be uploaded today. I've been looking for a video on this case. He seems to be rocking the same setup as I am with the GLAS.t

Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:58 PM   #116
MyLS460
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I didn't have any problems using my Sticker Boy Skins for the back.. Side skins might be too snug for the bumper.. As long as you aligned it perfectly center with the middle/top/bottom skins. You Should be okay.

I can't post any other pics since my camera is in my Apartment in L.A. I'm back home with family friends for two weeks.

I found a really nice video though. Seems to be uploaded today. I've been looking for a video on this case. He seems to be rocking the same setup as I am with the GLAS.t

YouTube: video
Thanks so much for your prompt response. Have a great time with your family!
MyLS460 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:40 PM   #117
MyLS460
macrumors newbie

Although I have not received my order (on its way with tracking number), I have had a very pleasant experience dealing with Chuwajapanimports. He is extremely responsive and has gone out of his way expediting the shipment. Highlly reccommend if you need stuff from the land of the rising sun (Japan)!

http://chuwajapanimports.wazala.com
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:27 AM   #118
Enforce
macrumors regular

Thumbs up

Quote:

YouTube: video
an excellent straight to the point review!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:16 AM   #119
Grayburn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Although I have not received my order (on its way with tracking number), I have had a very pleasant experience dealing with Chuwajapanimports. He is extremely responsive and has gone out of his way expediting the shipment. Highlly reccommend if you need stuff from the land of the rising sun (Japan)!

I have to second this because my bumper was stuck in customs for 12 days and he was always in conact with me with regards to the progress of the order and was even aplologising for the delay even though it wasn't his fault.

Shame my experience with the bumper wasn't as good, sold it on eBay the other day. Back to the Air Jackets for me.

Last edited by Grayburn; Jan 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Grayburn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:31 AM   #120
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforce View Post
an excellent straight to the point review!
Loved that video as well! Glad i shared it here. Short and on to the point!

Quote:

I agree with you. Sometimes they'll hold the package for more than a week in customs.. Which does suck a lot. But It was definitely worth the wait in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing some photos!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:24 AM   #121
map1978
macrumors 68020

Is the Silver/White bumper really a white color? It doesn't look like it but if so, will it discolor you think?
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:44 PM   #122
MarkCooz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
Is the Silver/White bumper really a white color? It doesn't look like it but if so, will it discolor you think?
The white part is actually the rubber material that serve as a lip on the case. That I think isn't even white when I first got it. It's a bit white-grey color.
If you're not too dirty i think you won't have any problems. Mine still looks pretty mint after a few drops on carpet/wood floors.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:00 PM   #123
MyLS460
macrumors newbie

Smartphone/iPad Stylus with Bluetooth Headset

Anyone interested in a stylus for the iPhone/iPad, you can also contact Chuwa - again, great guy!

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	390712
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:35 PM   #124
map1978
macrumors 68020

Quote:
The white part is actually the rubber material that serve as a lip on the case. That I think isn't even white when I first got it. It's a bit white-grey color.
If you're not too dirty i think you won't have any problems. Mine still looks pretty mint after a few drops on carpet/wood floors.
Good info thanks
Would like to see pics without so much DOF if possible
Thanks for sharing
map1978 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:00 PM   #125
MyLS460
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Both arrived safe and sound in record time (Japan - Texas)! Haven't had time to install . . .

- Shipped on 01/15/13 at 6:54pm (Japan time)
- Delivered to my house on 01/17/13 at 9:33am (Texas time)

Name:	photo1.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	390869

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	390870

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories