Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Delighted
macrumors 6502

iPhone 5 Ghosting

Bought my iPhone 5 last week. Love it, cannot not put it down, and simply said I just really enjoy it. I play a lot of games while commuting to work and one game I started playing is Fun Run. I noticed that when I play it I do use slightly more pressure on the screen to activate the power ups. When I activate the power ups, this is when I noticed that my screen is ghosting on the sides. I dug out my 4s to try and apply pressure on it, but did not have any ghosting. This led me to believe that maybe it is an iPhone 5 issue.

I made some google searches and found a video of a guy demonstrating his iphone 5 ghosting terribly, fortunately mine is not as bad. So I just would like to know if everyone's iphone 5 ghosting on the sides(only visible with dark backgrounds) or is it just my iPhone?

If it's just my iPhone I will assume I got a lemon and will go in to exchange a new one. If everyone's iphone is ghosting on the side then I will just live with it.

Thanks.
Delighted is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:39 PM   #2
MattMJB0188
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delighted View Post
Bought my iPhone 5 last week. Love it, cannot not put it down, and simply said I just really enjoy it. I play a lot of games while commuting to work and one game I started playing is Fun Run. I noticed that when I play it I do use slightly more pressure on the screen to activate the power ups. When I activate the power ups, this is when I noticed that my screen is ghosting on the sides. I dug out my 4s to try and apply pressure on it, but did not have any ghosting. This led me to believe that maybe it is an iPhone 5 issue.

I made some google searches and found a video of a guy demonstrating his iphone 5 ghosting terribly, fortunately mine is not as bad. So I just would like to know if everyone's iphone 5 ghosting on the sides(only visible with dark backgrounds) or is it just my iPhone?

If it's just my iPhone I will assume I got a lemon and will go in to exchange a new one. If everyone's iphone is ghosting on the side then I will just live with it.

Thanks.
I noticed the AT&T store demo did this pretty badly, but that's to be expected. My iPhone 5 doesn't do this, but I'm not willing to press down super hard to find out.
MattMJB0188 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Nope not noticing it on my phone.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:45 PM   #4
adam044
macrumors 65816

None here.
adam044 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 05:13 PM   #5
Murgatroyd
macrumors member

I can bring variations of contrast if enough pressure is applied to the screen. Nothing warrants that much pressure on a regular basis though.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:11 PM   #6
jakeruston
macrumors member

see vendor information in user profile
Definitely recommend that you take that into the Apple store.

No problems on my device.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone