Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

julienmh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2012
I just got the 11' MacBook Air and I have 64 GB of space. I really need more space as my last computer had lots more. I have considered purchasing a new SSD but they are expensive. Then, I saw a post on these forums, saying that if a person needed more space they could just get a SD card. I thought this was a great idea, except I don't want to have to plug something in every time I want to access a file I would store on it. Is there anyway to get an internal SD card to add space? Thank You.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
No offense but why would you buy a 64 GB MBA when you knew you had more stuff than what would fit on it? And did you not realize the 11 inch air does not come with an SD slot? Sounds like you didn't do your homework before making this purchase

MacPat333

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
Dubai
Buy an external HDD, that's what I did. A 2TB Seagate Backup drive. I already filled 250GB of the external and 100GB of the internal SSD, but I just didn;t want to spend more on the 256GB SSD upgrade.

Once I will fill the 2TB I gonna get another 3TB external drive. Should that one fill up I will get another one after that with 4, 6, 10 or whatever GB size will be available at that time.

cheers

wolfpuppies3

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2012
Virginia, USA
You bought the incorrect configuration for your needs and are now seeking bandaid approaches to correct that error. I agree with the comment advising you to sell it and buy what you need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.