Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Apr 23, 2013, 02:47 PM   #1
dvoros
macrumors 6502

iPhoto Book

I am so steamed at Apple. They lead you down a path of how easy it is to create a book from your stored photos. Ha! Thats garbage. I have an image from the web that I want to have on the cover of my book. Its an image of the National Zoo Logo in Washington, DC. However, only a part of it shows on the cover and there is absolutely no way to reduce it in size so the whole image fits. This is just one of the latest problems with this software. A few months ago I wanted to create a desktop calendar but there is no such template for Apple iPhoto so I had to use Shutterfly. Perhaps, I will need to go there again to help with my present problem of images not fitting in my stupid Apple Book..
dvoros is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:16 AM   #2
davidinva
macrumors 6502

You may have to reduce the image size in another photo editing program. Not sure if Preview can do this. I have only made one photo book and that was with MyPublisher who sent a coupon for a free basic size book. Have several I want to do, so will have to choose a program. Know people who like Blurb.
davidinva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 09:40 AM   #3
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvoros View Post
I am so steamed at Apple. They lead you down a path of how easy it is to create a book from your stored photos. Ha! Thats garbage. I have an image from the web that I want to have on the cover of my book. Its an image of the National Zoo Logo in Washington, DC. However, only a part of it shows on the cover and there is absolutely no way to reduce it in size so the whole image fits. This is just one of the latest problems with this software. A few months ago I wanted to create a desktop calendar but there is no such template for Apple iPhoto so I had to use Shutterfly. Perhaps, I will need to go there again to help with my present problem of images not fitting in my stupid Apple Book..
You have 2 options right off the start.

1. iPhoto can easily re-size your photo.
2. Preview can re-size photos as well.

Either app will do it in seconds for you.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:57 AM   #4
nep61
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvoros View Post

I have been making iPhoto WALL Calendars for years for family members... never a problem... but I'm also not taking photos from the web -- all are shot by me.

As far as the Book goes... have made a few of them as well... Pictures are able to be scaled to size in the iphoto program... perhaps it's the ASPECT RATIO
nep61 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store