Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:48 PM   #1
class77
macrumors 6502a

Power outage during iPad restoration

Got a new Verizon iPad 4 today and started to restore it from the old iPad 3 wifi only data. Got about 3/4 thru and we had a power outage lasting 3 hours. When the outage occurred, a yellow triangle was displayed on the iPad as the APC provided a little power to shout down stuff . I was not quick enough to notice what it said with all the other stuff happening.

Power comes back on and it appears that all the apps/songs/etc loaded on the new iPad, BUT there is about a 13 GB difference in the total GB used between the 2 machines. Most of that seems to be in the app category. The iPad also forgot the icloud info, the itunes store info and wifi info when it came back on, even though I set it up at first during registration. I never got to set up the sim card so it has not been activated yet.

My question is two-fold. a)Do I simply pull out the Verizon sim card, restore the factory setting, put the sim card back in and start all over again. 2) Am I worrying too much about the sim card and since it hasn't been set up yet, nothing will be affected.

Isn't it just crap when you haven't had any power troubles all day when it had been raining buckets and only when it got calm did the power go out
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:52 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

The yellow triangle was just stating "this accessory is not supported for charging" since it wasn't pulling enough power.

If you feel they are different, just restore from the backup again. The SIM is a non-issue. Just leave it and restore.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:01 AM   #3
class77
macrumors 6502a

Dumb question Hazy, but how do I restore it again from the iPad 3 backup?? The only restore option I see is returning it to Factory Settings and I thought that killed the sim card
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Shadowbech
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by class77 View Post
Dumb question Hazy, but how do I restore it again from the iPad 3 backup?? The only restore option I see is returning it to Factory Settings and I thought that killed the sim card
After you tap the erase all content & settings, wait for the process to complete. Once it's done, you will be given an option to restore from back up or start as new right on your device.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:06 AM   #5
skillwill
macrumors regular

You will be fine. Factory settings means it returns to the state it was in coming out of the factory, ie. after you took it out of the box. Meaning you will once again have the opportunity during registration to restore from your old ipad and it will be as if nothing ever happened
skillwill is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad