Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philjo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
I am importing several CDs into iTunes 11 (running on Lion on my Mac mini)

Some of the CDs I am importing are coming in as multiple albums - even though all of the tracks are on the same CD. How do I get them all to import as the same album?
Also, how do I reorganise the ones that are already imported back into a single album?

About 70% of the ones I am importing are not finidng any artwork to download (or the wrong picture) - I am in the UK so these are all UK published CDs (mainly classical)

many thanks.

philjo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
See attached jpg - This CD imported as 4 different albums.
tracks 1-10 on the on the first one, another album has tracks 11-14. tracks 15 and 16 are each as separate albums.

I have another one (John Rutter Christmas Album) that came in as 6 different albums.

Attachments

• itunes-screenshot.jpg
    itunes-screenshot.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I'd select them all and set the "Album Artist" to something common for all to see if they merge. I suspect this is just how the data is in GraceNote or whatever service Apple is using today.

B

philjo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2011
That did the trick - when I edited the album artist they all reappeared to display as the same album

many thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.