Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:34 AM   #1
tb74
macrumors newbie

When should auto enrolled ACP start?

Hello,

I need your advice. I ordered an iMac 27" along with AppleCare Protection Plan on Nov 30th from apple (education price). At first delivery was expected 2.-8. Jan., now Dec 28th.

On Dec 22th I got an ACP Certificate from Ireland with an end date of Dec 16th 2015 (paper letter). I wonder about the start of this AppleCare perhaps 2 weeks before delivery.

What is the best way to correct this? I want to solve this with Apple now and not, when the iMac perhaps is getting problems on 2015 Christmas (Murphy?).

I also wonder if it is normal, that apple charged my credit card already on Dec 18th.

Thanks
tb74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:28 AM   #2
schhflap
macrumors newbie

Angry Same from MacMall

I have the same problem. I ordered a 21.5" iMac, a SuperDrive, and Applecare from MacMall on November 30th. The SuperDrive and Applecare were shipped that day. The latest estimate from MacMall is that they won't get any units until December 31st! That means I won't get my unit until the first week of January at the earliest. So, since the Applecare starts the date the product was sold, I will be at least 5 weeks in the hole for coverage by the time it arrives. Since these delivery problems were Apple's, I believe it only fair that they extend the coverage to 3 years from the date the product was shipped at the very least. Are you listening Apple?
schhflap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:13 AM   #3
Hasn'tbeensober
macrumors member

ACP will not start until they ship your iMac.
In my case I ordered my on Nov 30, and my iMac arrived on Dec 12 then they shipped my ACP package to me few day later.
ACP document state it start cover begin at Dec 10 so it really doesn't lost any day.
Hasn'tbeensober is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:45 AM   #4
schhflap
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasn'tbeensober View Post
ACP will not start until they ship your iMac.
In my case I ordered my on Nov 30, and my iMac arrived on Dec 12 then they shipped my ACP package to me few day later.
ACP document state it start cover begin at Dec 10 so it really doesn't lost any day.
Unfortunately, as I said in my post, my ACP was shipped (by MacMall) over 30 days prior to receiving the iMac. I'll just have to wait and see what the listed coverage dates are, I guess.
schhflap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb74 View Post
On Dec 22th I got an ACP Certificate from Ireland with an end date of Dec 16th 2015 (paper letter). I wonder about the start of this AppleCare perhaps 2 weeks before delivery.
After you get your Mac, check the actual status of the agreement as they may automatically correct the agreement when the computer ships. If there is still an issue after you receive your Mac, you can contact them via phone or email and explain the situation.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:37 AM   #6
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

As others have said, AC starts the day your computer ships. You can check your machine warranty period at Apple's support site. You need your serial.

If the warranty start date online doesn't match your actual ship date (not order date, not the day you rec'd) then call Apple and they will adjust the date. It may take up to two weeks to show online.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 03:29 PM   #7
tb74
macrumors newbie

solved

I was able to correct the start date of apple care to the day of delivery.

Anyway, I am happy with my new iMac. I was a bit unsure after reading about all these display problems reported here. No problems at all.
tb74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2013, 04:11 PM   #8
harcosparky
macrumors 68020

Never mind .... looks like it was resolved.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac