Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:02 AM   #1
samuelandjw
macrumors newbie

itunes 11 podcast "episodes to keep" setting

Hi,

I have subscribed a podcasts that releases new episodes very quickly, and now I have several hundreds of unplayed episodes. I edited the podcast setting to "keep last 10 episodes". I clicked "OK" and then refresh the podcast list, but nothing happened. Do I have to manually delete those "excessive" unplayed episodes?

Also, what should I do if I want to keep the last 20 episodes? (iTunes does not have this option...)

Thanks.
samuelandjw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:35 AM   #2
dakwar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelandjw View Post
Hi,

I have subscribed a podcasts that releases new episodes very quickly, and now I have several hundreds of unplayed episodes. I edited the podcast setting to "keep last 10 episodes". I clicked "OK" and then refresh the podcast list, but nothing happened. Do I have to manually delete those "excessive" unplayed episodes?

Also, what should I do if I want to keep the last 20 episodes? (iTunes does not have this option...)

Thanks.
I believe you do (have to delete the other episodes manually) this first time. From now on it will keep only the last 10 episodes. If you want to keep the last 20, and since iTunes doesn't have a setting for that, you'll need to manage them manually, deleting as appropriate every few days.
dakwar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store