Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
In my mail setup, I have 2 accounts (1 Exchange 1 Gmail), I have it set to display 100 most recent messages.

I just noticed that in the Exchange settings there is another option to only download 3 most recent days (this was default), and it appears that this setting is over riding the 100 most recent preference.

2 questions, has this always been the case with Exchange or is this feature new? Is there a way to disable the "days" setting so it only displays 100 recent. I set the days to "no limit" and my phone tired to d/l my entire inbox (~3000 messages).

Thanks

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
This setting is based on how the administrator for the Exchange server has set things up on their end. If all they allow is 3 days, that's what you're going to get.

THis has pretty much always been the case with Exchange. If something has changed, it might be because your sysadmin changed it.

Only way to fix this AND keep Exchange ActiveSync is to talk to the admin for your server, and see if they'll adjust their configuration to permit more options.

Failing that, you'll have to use IMAP, but obviously you'll lose things like Push e-mail.

Last edited:

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
This setting is based on how the administrator for the Exchange server has set things up on their end. If all they allow is 3 days, that's what you're going to get.

THis has pretty much always been the case with Exchange. If something has changed, it might be because your sysadmin changed it.

Only way to fix this AND keep Exchange ActiveSync is to talk to the admin for your server, and see if they'll adjust their configuration to permit more options.

Failing that, you'll have to use IMAP, but obviously you'll lose things like Push e-mail.

Yep. And calendar contacts sync.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I think that I only noticed this due to the holidays since less emails have been sent over the course of the past week or so. I am allowed to change the settings from 3 days to whatever I choose (1 week, 2 weeks, and so on), I just never paid attention to this setting do to the amount of emails I recieve. Always thought it was cutting off at 100 emails.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.