Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Anything like Motorola Smart Action on iPhone's?

Currently I have an S3 and am thinking of getting an iPhone 5. However although I have an S3 at the moment and use an app called Automateit, I have looked at motorola's smart actions, and it looks a great app.

Basically its an app that you tell it to do something from a trigger, eg switch on Bluetooth when I leave house, Switch on WiFi when at home, go into Airplane mode at 11:59pm etc.

Anything like this on iPhone? I used to have a 4, but been with Android for a while?

cheers

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
Anything like Motorola Smart Action on iPhone's?

Currently I have an S3 and am thinking of getting an iPhone 5. However although I have an S3 at the moment and use an app called Automateit, I have looked at motorola's smart actions, and it looks a great app.

Basically its an app that you tell it to do something from a trigger, eg switch on Bluetooth when I leave house, Switch on WiFi when at home, go into Airplane mode at 11:59pm etc.

Anything like this on iPhone? I used to have a 4, but been with Android for a while?

cheers

No, unfortunately.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
With 270,000 apps as they boast one would think...

Well, here's an idea for a new App!

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Thats a pity isn't it... I've got an S3 at the mo, but it is a bit too big, and want an iPhone 5, but tbh at £530 for a new one, its a little too expensive, even if I sell my S3, its still going to be around £270 for the iPhone 5.

Just been looking at the Motorola Razr i, its nigh on the same size and weight as the iPhone 5 but has a 4.3" screen. Havent seen in flesh what the screen size looks against iPhone 5 though, but looks decent phone (and cheaper).

But I'm an Apple man, with iMac, iPad, minis, Apple TV etc....mmmm...

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
With 270,000 apps as they boast one would think...

Well, here's an idea for a new App!

Apple's rules don't allow apps to toggle any hardware-based features (wifi, bluetooth, etc.), so chances are the app wouldn't even be approved.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Apple's rules don't allow apps to toggle any hardware-based features (wifi, bluetooth, etc.), so chances are the app wouldn't even be approved.

Pity, I have never developed for iOS or anything, but I'd be prepared to learn to do this to make my millions, 69p, I think it would ell well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.