Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
I want one! If anyone would like to donate 20 grand to me, i'll be glad to try this out and let everyone know how it works :D

Linky

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
dude, i could totaly hook a porjector up to my PB, then display it on a gigantic oval screen (i guess i would have to fabricate that myself out of fiberglass) so $1000 for a good projector $200 for fiberglass work. . . that leaves 18800 for a lense to make it project well on the display!!! heh

lopresmb

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Dr. Dastardly said:
I was going to buy one but the price is actually $20,598 not just 20 grand. Maybe I'll wait till a coupon shows up on Amazon or Dell or something. :rolleyes:
haha, wait till it shows up on the "deals" section of Macbytes...

NOW only $18,495!!!! :eek:

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Anyone heard of Real-D?

They make projectors that shoot out images at something like 120 frames per second onto a special silver coating. Gives the real impression of 3D. They achieve this cool effect by polarizing each subsequent frame and the user wears special polarizing glasses that filter out each image. No more funky red/green colored glasses or flickering glasses that cause headaches.

Adapt this to real world LCD desktops and I think we have another revolution on our hands.

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Lacero said:
Anyone heard of Real-D?

They make projectors that shoot out images at something like 120 frames per second onto a special silver coating. Gives the real impression of 3D. They achieve this cool effect by polarizing each subsequent frame and the user wears special polarizing glasses that filter out each image. No more funky red/green colored glasses or flickering glasses that cause headaches.

Adapt this to real world LCD desktops and I think we have another revolution on our hands.

They look pretty cool, I just emailed them for more information..... I'll post it up when (if) I get an email back :)

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
perhaps i can get my school to get one!!!

I want apple to make one i would only be 30,000( that extra 10k cuz it apple :p )

If i ever become rich i'll get it i just need to patent soemone else idea like i'll patent the single click, if MS can get the double click should able to to the one click!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.