Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:54 PM   #1
AppleAlfred
macrumors member

How to enlarge text when mirroring MacBook??

Hi, so I just got an apple TV, and I love the mirroring function from my MacBook air. Only thing is that the resolution is so high that I can't see anything from the couch. I know you can scale it, but then it doesn't fill the whole screen. Is there any way I can keep it full screen on my HDTV, but make everything appear bigger (text, windows, etc...)

Thanks!
Apple TV, 3rd Gen
AppleAlfred is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:30 PM   #2
Pyromonkey83
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleAlfred View Post
Hi, so I just got an apple TV, and I love the mirroring function from my MacBook air. Only thing is that the resolution is so high that I can't see anything from the couch. I know you can scale it, but then it doesn't fill the whole screen. Is there any way I can keep it full screen on my HDTV, but make everything appear bigger (text, windows, etc...)

Thanks!
In most apple apps (Safari, Pages, Notes etc) you can scale content using (Command + +) or (Command + -). You can try this and see if it works for you.

Otherwise your only real bet is to scale your content to 720p or something to enlarge everything.
Pyromonkey83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater