Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ineedhelp04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Hi, i badly need a hand with my macbook pro. Last night, i tried to install bootcamp assistant on my macbook but because my win 7 installer wasnt working, i just decided to turn it off and leave the installing for tomorrow. This morning i tried to open it again but it wont boot past the black screen with a blinking bar/line on the top left of screen. It looks like a windows command prompt, only this has no other character except for the blinking bar. Fans and cd player are running as well and when i tried to close the lid it doesnt go on sleep mode and the light from the apple logo on front of lid wont turn off as well. Tried to look for answers online but can't find any. id like to ask from the techies here first before bringing it down to service centre. I Just really hope i can still save my macbook without repair/change of parts. Please help! Thanks.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
During boot, you need to hold down the option key until you see a screen that looks like this. Select your OS X partition from the list that comes up.

Ineedhelp04

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
During boot, you need to hold down the option key until you see a screen that looks like this. Select your OS X partition from the list that comes up.

Hi Stooby, unfortunately i tried it before and again just now but nothings happening. Its just black screen with blinking bar or line. My keyboard isnt working either. I just hope its not the logic board as ive only been using it for 2yrs. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.