Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tirox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Alright so i found out my new iPhone 3gs was blacklisted/locked etc.
I thought about doing an unlock service: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unlock-Code-Serv...56507e95bb it looks promising and such.
But should i just unlock my phone, switch to T-Mobile and use them?
They both us GSM so i ASSUME it would work correct?
Any advice is greatly needed!
Or should i try the Unlock service?
i Live in the USA by the way.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
im not quite understanding you here. if the phone is locked to at&t, you will need to unlock it in order to use it with any other GSM provider.

cell companies in the US dont blacklist IMEI's that are lost or stolen. theres a big difference between being carrier locked and blacklisted.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
If you phone is blacklisted, then it's likely stolen. Why would we want to help you with unlocking that?

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
i bought it off of ebay... not knowing.
I assume it is an AT&T phone? If it is, call them. It may be blacklisted because the original owner may not have paid, or lost phone etc. AT&T may be able to help you there. If it is stolen, then you need to return it. Just because you paid for it, does not mean you own it, if it was stolen. You would be just as guilty in the eyes of the law if you keep it, as the person who stole it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.