Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:40 AM   #1
rikscha
macrumors 6502

iPhoto 9.4.2 Update crashes the app

Hi there,

I am running Mountain Lion and iPhoto on my 2010 iMac. I have recently upgraded to ML from Lion and ever since, I cannot upgrade iPhoto to 9.4.2

I had been running iPhoto 9.3.2 on Lion and I can run iPhoto on my Mac on this version with no probs.

I can install the update to 9.4.2 but whenever I start the app afterwards, it crashes on startup. I cannot do anything basically. Once I click the app icon, it crashes immediately. I tried reinstalling it a couple of times, created a new library etc. When I upgraded to ML, I did a clean install and just copied my files over from my time machine backup.

Is there anything else I can do before reinstalling the whole system again?
rikscha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:44 AM   #2
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikscha View Post
Hi there,

I am running Mountain Lion and iPhoto on my 2010 iMac. I have recently upgraded to ML from Lion and ever since, I cannot upgrade iPhoto to 9.4.2

I had been running iPhoto 9.3.2 on Lion and I can run iPhoto on my Mac on this version with no probs.

I can install the update to 9.4.2 but whenever I start the app afterwards, it crashes on startup. I cannot do anything basically. Once I click the app icon, it crashes immediately. I tried reinstalling it a couple of times, created a new library etc. When I upgraded to ML, I did a clean install and just copied my files over from my time machine backup.

Is there anything else I can do before reinstalling the whole system again?
Try deleting:

/Users/Your name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iPhoto.plist

AND

Empty

/Users/Your name/Library/Caches
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:13 AM   #3
rikscha
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
Try deleting:

/Users/Your name/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iPhoto.plist

AND

Empty

/Users/Your name/Library/Caches
iPhoto could now create a new library but is saying that there are inconsistencies in the library and I cannot click the repair button. It crashes again on startup.
What I mean with crashing is that it loads indefinitely.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:40 AM   #4
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikscha View Post
iPhoto could now create a new library but is saying that there are inconsistencies in the library and I cannot click the repair button. It crashes again on startup.
What I mean with crashing is that it loads indefinitely.
What about trying to repair before you update.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:02 PM   #5
rikscha
macrumors 6502

I tried everything, even using an empty newly created library, nothing worked.

I reinstalled ML today and now it is working. I was spending way too much time finding a solution.

Thanks again for the help!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store