Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:27 AM   #151
KnightWRX
macrumors Pentium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillie View Post
Try reading the reviews before posting this crud.
MacRumors posted the "crud" in the original story. Most of your reasons are your opinion, not facts. Some reviews say it has problems connecting with non-Sony handsets, but that with the Xperia line-up it works as advertised. The point is, the device is not really taking off and frankly, I can understand why. Seems like mostly a glorified gimmick.

Drop the "Sony is bad! Android is bad!" non-sense when addressing me.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:32 AM   #152
0dev
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by b166er View Post
Believe it or not it is still frowned upon to pull your phone out in many situations. This allows you to just do a quick glance at your wrist and not have to take out your phone.
So this is a device for avoiding slight social awkwardness? Which will probably cost over $200 and shorten the battery life on your phone? Great value.
0dev is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:40 AM   #153
SockRolid
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWRX View Post
The Sony stuff sas mentionned and even pictured in the main article ... Otherwise did you have anything to contribute to the thread or are you just bickering again ?
What? I thought I was on your "ignore list." Oopsie.

If I happen to run across any of your posts, I'll be sure to notice how often you mention other brand names, Android, etc.

But not too rigorously. You couldn't pay me to do that.
SockRolid is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:17 PM   #154
b166er
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0dev View Post
So this is a device for avoiding slight social awkwardness? Which will probably cost over $200 and shorten the battery life on your phone? Great value.
I'm sure if apple was to release a smart watch it would offer something the current competition doesn't. $200 isn't even a lot of money if the watch is nice, good watches can cost far more than that. However I'm sure if they did this the first gen would be ugly and featurless. That seems to be their way lately.
b166er is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:03 PM   #155
Kevin Rohrer
macrumors newbie

I Knew It Had To Happen

It was only a matter of time before Dick Tracy's wrist watch video phone became reality.

Now I know why they changed the shape of the iPod Nano.

I want one!
Kevin Rohrer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:28 PM   #156
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

If I could put a SIM card in one of these things, pay an extra $10/mo to use it with AT&T, I'd do it. I don't think it'll be something that works on your phone, but it'll be the same type of thing like what the new iPod Nano has.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:29 AM   #157
Maddix
macrumors member

I wont buy it, but I wear a watch. I bet most people here have no clue why a $10 watch from Wal-Mart is probably more accurate than a Swiss watch costing 400X more.
Maddix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:03 AM   #158
Konrad
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddix View Post
I wont buy it, but I wear a watch. I bet most people here have no clue why a $10 watch from Wal-Mart is probably more accurate than a Swiss watch costing 400X more.
Illuminate me. Why?
Konrad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 01:36 PM   #159
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

This is going to crush Kickstarter. Pebble was its biggest success to date (I bought a few myself thinking they'd ship for the holidays). It's quite likely Pebble will ship the Kickstarter batch only a few months before Apple. They won't have time for make more before Apple announces. What developer is going to develop for Pebble if they can develop for an Apple branded watch. True Pebble works with Android too, not just iDevices, but Android buyers don't spend $ like Apple fans.

I'm certainly done with Kickstarter. Big companies always borrow the good ideas leaving crumbs for everyone else.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:10 AM   #160
benhollberg
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by oclor View Post
I regret backing pebble every single day. It has taken them so long to figure out production when Apple can make something 10x better in just a couple of days. The pebble guys had a great idea and a great vision, but they were obviously in way over their heads. If this story is true my I won't even open the box before I put the pebble up on craigslist or ebay.
If you paid with a credit card I would call the credit card company and ask them about returns and disputes for items that don't ship on time. I had a Kickstarter project not ship months after it was supposed to and I asked for a refund and they wouldn't do one. I called American Express and about two weeks later I got a letter saying I was refunded, I got the refund on my bill. And then even later I received the Kickstarter item, which I had no need for anymore. I doubled checked my bill, I did get the refund and the item.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:47 AM   #161
skinned66
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhollberg View Post
If you paid with a credit card I would call the credit card company and ask them about returns and disputes for items that don't ship on time. I had a Kickstarter project not ship months after it was supposed to and I asked for a refund and they wouldn't do one. I called American Express and about two weeks later I got a letter saying I was refunded, I got the refund on my bill. And then even later I received the Kickstarter item, which I had no need for anymore. I doubled checked my bill, I did get the refund and the item.
That's some good advice. I'm kind of annoyed Pebble has taken this long also. I'm hoping the SDK and dev community make it worth my wait. While an Apple foray into this market might yield a cool device I doubt it will be as customizable as the pebble.
skinned66 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:40 AM   #162
PracticalMac
macrumors 68020

Sony watch looks like brick.

Pebble is out! Yay!
PracticalMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion