Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:38 PM   #1
currahee2100
macrumors member

This seems a little silly (thoughts on LTE compatibility)

So I thought my iPad mini would be compatible internationally when it comes to LTE. I have relatives in a foreign country and I plan on visiting them regularly. At the Apple Store they were out of the AT&T iPad minis so I settled with a Verizon iPad... little did I know that there are two flavors of iPad minis. It seems the Verizon/Sprint versions have more international compatibility with LTE?

Why? This just seems silly- is AT&T stomping it's feet on network exclusivity or something? At least in my area AT&T has a license for 700MHz block C so I could always go to them but still. Us consumers should be able to make a choice on which carrier we want to use. Why is this still a problem when we're shelling out money for an unsubsidized device?
currahee2100 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:53 PM   #2
brand
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by currahee2100 View Post
Us consumers should be able to make a choice on which carrier we want to use.
You can.
brand is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:29 AM   #3
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by currahee2100 View Post
So I thought my iPad mini would be compatible internationally when it comes to LTE. I have relatives in a foreign country and I plan on visiting them regularly. At the Apple Store they were out of the AT&T iPad minis so I settled with a Verizon iPad... little did I know that there are two flavors of iPad minis. It seems the Verizon/Sprint versions have more international compatibility with LTE?

Why? This just seems silly- is AT&T stomping it's feet on network exclusivity or something? At least in my area AT&T has a license for 700MHz block C so I could always go to them but still. Us consumers should be able to make a choice on which carrier we want to use. Why is this still a problem when we're shelling out money for an unsubsidized device?
You had a choice and you picked wrong. Deal with it. Does anyone these days accept any responsibility?
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad