Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Jonathanm1222
macrumors member

Installing Office on new iMac

I currently have Office on my MacBook. I just purchased a new iMac but I have not bought the SuperDrive (yet). Is there a way to install the Office suite on the iMac from the MacBook without the SuperDrive?
Jonathanm1222 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:29 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanm1222 View Post
I currently have Office on my MacBook. I just purchased a new iMac but I have not bought the SuperDrive (yet). Is there a way to install the Office suite on the iMac from the MacBook without the SuperDrive?
You can buy and download Office for Mac directly from the MS site.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products

Users of Macs without optical drives can either buy an Apple USB SuperDrive (or other optical drive) or use DVD or CD sharing: Using Remote Disc when they need access to an optical drive. There are some limitations on using Remote Disc (read the link for details).

If you have a Mac model that does have an optical drive, you can still enable this feature by entering the following commands in Terminal, then relaunch Finder:
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser EnableODiskBrowsing -bool true
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser ODSSupported -bool true
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanm1222 View Post
Yes, just use Migration Assistant to move apps only over. You may have to reenter your serial number, but the app at least will be there without having to reinstall.
Weaselboy is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store