Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:58 PM   #1
jae999
macrumors newbie

Best way to acquire one of these?

I need a new computer and I've come across some extra cash from the holidays. I'm looking to get my first Mac. I want the base 27inch model. Nothing fancy.

In reading these forums it seems like they are quite back ordered. Would I be best waiting a bit and checking stores or placing an order online? I don't want to get stuck in a queue online for a month if they will start popping up in stores soon.
jae999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:05 PM   #2
LogicPro
macrumors regular

No idea when they'll be *sold* in stores, though some members have had luck finding them. Online - expect to wait till mid-Jan, maybe later.
LogicPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:36 PM   #3
sounddesigner
macrumors regular

I would call in the morning to the closest apple store and find when delivery times are and just call back every morning if you dont want to buy it online becouse they have giant waiting time... Went to the store they said that they are filing the orders for custom macs first... idk why that is but that is what he said... Also apple did say they will post better dates next week... slowest option though is 3rd party retailer
sounddesigner is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac