Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right section to ask for this but couldn't find any appropriate place.

I had my rMBP's screen changed a month ago and all, apparently, went fine. It took about 20 days to repair at the shop I bought the MBP (actually they sent it over to an Apple authorized repair center but I handed the computer to them).

When Apple emailed me about how the repair went and how happy I was with the work done I said that all was fine and that I was happy with it. Thing is, some days later, I noticed that the left hand side of the lid is kinda loose (I can move it front and back even if closed) and a screw on the bottom cover was loose. Ok, this is all but good work mainly if we're talking about a company such as Apple. I really want to do something about this but I don't know if going to the retail store where I left the laptop at first is enough. Maybe they will just send it over again to solve this and nothing will happen to whoever repaired my MBP (and I'm going to the Apple Store in London on Saturday to repair it since I'm here on vacation). I just want to make sure that Apple knows what happened but I can't find any proper email. Can you help me, please?

Btw, am I overreacting or would you do the same?

Thank you

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
AppleCare agents, particularly those in Customer Relations are able to take complaints and send repair feedback. I do not know of a direct email, though unless you'd consider emailing Tim Cook and having someone from his office knock some heads around.

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
Thanks.

I still don't know what to do but I'm probably going over to the store and try to know to what support team they send Macs for repair. Then I'll think about what to do.. I just want to make sure something happens to the responsible people or at least let them know they have a dissatisfied costumer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.