Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jan 11, 2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Huiu
macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro|Air -- buy now?

I will start writing my PhD in February and would very much like to buy a new MacBook Pro or MacBook Air for this project. However, I am afraid that now is not the right time. Can anyone estimate when the new models will appear? Or is it still advisable to buy the present models since the enhancements expected do not justify waiting?
Huiu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2014, 01:26 PM   #2
maflynn

A new model won't appear until Intel releases a new chip set which is around the summer of 2014, so its not a bad time to buy.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 01:34 PM   #3
old-wiz
macrumors 604

New Intel chipsets are due perhaps in the summer, but they aren't necessarily huge improvements and Intel might delay them anyway. There are always new chipsets coming, and huge arguments here about which chipset is coming and whether you should wait and why. I ignore them.

Now is a good time to buy.
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2014, 01:42 PM   #4
RJSAudio
macrumors newbie

Agreed. The last updates to both the rMBP and the MBA were pretty substantial - I'd go for it.
RJSAudio is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice