Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:58 AM   #1
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Apple Developer Hardware Purchase Program?

I was reading "Building iPhone OS Accessories" (2010) by Ken Maskrey (published by Apress) and I came across, at the start of chapter 9, this text:

Quote:
You can generally join any Mac developer program for free at the entry level. [... description of the free program ...] For the annual price of $99, [you get] everything offered in the free membership plus one purchase through the Apple Developer Hardware Purchase Program. It may seem like a small benefit, but you can save far more than the hundred-dollar cost of membership. As a person who generally shops the refurbished area of the Apple Store looking for the best deals, I can personally attest to getting an even better deal here.
I am in the $99 Mac Developer Program... why have I never heard of the Apple Developer Hardware Purchase Program before? Was it discontinued sometime after this book was published (2010) and before I became a member (2012)? If it still exists, where can I find it? What kinds of deals are to be had? I'm certainly in the market for a new Mac (my 2007 iMac is starting to feel slow... my 2006 MacBook Air is definitely slow.)

Edit: This is an iOS book, but the author goes off on a tangent about Apple's other developer programs in chapter 9 in which he mentioned this.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:07 AM   #2
lloyddean
macrumors 6502a

That was offered as part of an earlier Apple Developer Program but was discontinued March 5, 2010 when the current program was put in place.
lloyddean is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:21 AM   #3
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Back in the days the hardware discount alone could cover most of your $500 ADN fees. It was pretty cool.
nuckinfutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming