Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1
jblaven
macrumors newbie

iPhoto - File Extraction

Hey Guys,

I'm stumped on something. After using a Hero3 to capture pics for a time lapse project, I'm having issues accessing the pics as files in the finder.

I went through 22,000 photos and flagged about 2,000 that show great action. I need to access these flagged photos in the order in which they are presented in iPhoto. The pictures that were flagged were in individual events (days) and were copied into an album.

It appears there is no clear, automatic file name ordering of the photos over the days. However, the flagged photos do show to be in order in the new album.

When I export the images from iPhoto, it seems to be out of order in the Finder folder. Is it using the file names (which don't seem to be in consecutive order)? When I try and list the files by date created, it appears that the files were created at the time of export.

I considered using the Automator to pull the flagged images, hoping that there would be a way to keep the order, but I don't see a way to build that workflow.

If there is a way to view the exported images in the same order shown in iPhoto? If so, how?

I am really stumped and frustrated. This is for work and I feel this shouldn't be as difficult as it appears.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Specs are:

OS 10.7.5
iPhoto '11 Ver. 9.2.3 (629.52)
Automator Ver. 2.2.4 (339.2)
AppleScript Editor Ver. 2.4.3 (131.2)

Thanks,

Joe
jblaven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:07 PM   #2
aristobrat
macrumors Demi-God

Are you exporting them in their original format (the first option on the export menu)?

I just tried with that option, and the files it exported show up in Finder with their original photo dates (2010), not today's date.

Also, I tried it with "sequential" for the file name, so they came out in consecutive order. If you use "Use filename", I think it retains the camera name, which means there would be gaps if there were unflagged photos between the flagged ones you exported?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-29 at 1.03.51 PM.png
Views:	8
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	386574  
aristobrat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:27 PM   #3
jblaven
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristobrat View Post
Are you exporting them in their original format (the first option on the export menu)?

I just tried with that option, and the files it exported show up in Finder with their original photo dates (2010), not today's date.

Also, I tried it with "sequential" for the file name, so they came out in consecutive order. If you use "Use filename", I think it retains the camera name, which means there would be gaps if there were unflagged photos between the flagged ones you exported?
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaven View Post
Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Doing it now. I feel pretty good it will work this time. Dang, that was easy. I was using JPEG format instead of Original.

I'll post back once it finishes.
jblaven is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming