Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bray90820

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I am looking for a FLAC audio player for 10.8 what allows me to add album art and that syncs with my Android phone i already tried Banshee and songbird banshee ended up re downloading the album art in very low quality and songbird didn't accept the album art and would crash every time i tried to sync it with my phone

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
XLD can convert FLAC to other formats, edit the metadata, and can edit the album art. I should add that you should uncheck the option to resize large album art. There are a lot of options to go through, but I've left most of them unchanged.

Bray90820

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
I would like to not convert the music to another format I wat to keep the losless FLAC

Bray90820

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
The reason i don't want to do that is because Android does not support ALAC

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...have you looked at iSonics yet? I'm not sure it has all your requirements (yet) but it looks like the developer is quite open to suggestions for improvements so maybe ask them if they'd consider adding what you need. I used the pre-1.0 versions and thought it a very nice app, and will be buying myself a license shortly....check it out, and it doesn't hurt to ask...oh yeah!

Narn

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Have you tried Songbird? It supports FLAC and will hopefully sync with your phone:

Songbird said:
Manage your music and videos, build playlists, browse, and sort. Then sync your music to your portable music player or phone.

Bray90820

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
i have tried Songbird but as i said in my original post Songbord crashes every time i try to sync with my phone i and drag and drop in theory should work but i am having massive audio skipping wi try that and also i still need a way to rip fron the cd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.