Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Degrassi
macrumors newbie

Open Office Help?

Hi,

So I just downloaded Open Office, and I've now got the OO icon in my toolbar, but whenever I open it, I get that white icon on my desktop that shows up whenever you have something extra plugged in. The one that you can use to "eject" something if it's hovered over the trash can. Why does this happen?

Thanks.

PS - Nevermind. I just figured it out. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by Degrassi; Dec 28, 2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Resolved
Degrassi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:11 AM   #2
LPZ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
Hi,

So I just downloaded Open Office, and I've now got the OO icon in my toolbar, but whenever I open it, I get that white icon on my desktop that shows up whenever you have something extra plugged in. The one that you can use to "eject" something if it's hovered over the trash can. Why does this happen?

Thanks.
I'm not sure I understand, but the white icon on the desktop might represent the mounted OpenOffice disk image (ie, what appears when you open a .dmg).

If so, you should double click on that icon and follow the instructions for installing the OpenOffice application. Installation might be nothing more than dragging an OpenOffice icon from the opened disk image to your Applications folder.
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help