Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:02 AM   #1
SA16
macrumors newbie

I need a 64gb ip5

I have finally maxed out my 32gb. Dumb question, but is there any way to upgrade to a 64gb? Any help?

Hope you all have a great New Year!
SA16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:07 AM   #2
MrMister111
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
I have finally maxed out my 32gb. Dumb question, but is there any way to upgrade to a 64gb? Any help?

Hope you all have a great New Year!
Have you got much music on there? The way I do it now is I've joined Google music, put it all up there, and get an app gMusic or like for iOS and just stream music. I'm in UK though in a unlimited data plan, not sure what you are, but it streams and world fine.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 5 over the w/end, and I'm debating wether to go for the 16Gb or 32Gb...theres 70 difference...
MrMister111 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:09 AM   #3
ericrwalker
Banned

Sell you're, and buy a new one. Or trade with cash. There are a lot of places to do these transactions. Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist. Even here, if you stick around for a while and get to the marketplace.

Or you could just re-evaluate what you have on your current iPhone and start deleting apps/songs/pictures/movies you don't need.
ericrwalker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:10 AM   #4
SA16
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister111 View Post
Have you got much music on there? The way I do it now is I've joined Google music, put it all up there, and get an app gMusic or like for iOS and just stream music. I'm in UK though in a unlimited data plan, not sure what you are, but it streams and world fine.

I'm looking to get an iPhone 5 over the w/end, and I'm debating wether to go for the 16Gb or 32Gb...theres 70 difference...
Thanks for the advice! The majority of my space is consumed by music (26gb to be specific). I think I will try the Google Music app. Hopefully that will help me out a great deal!

I've always had a 32gb phone (ip4, 4s, 5) and I've always been able to maintain, but now I seem to be right on the edge, where I can't add anything else to my phone. Good luck with your purchase!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Burton8219
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMister111 View Post

This is a good idea, but I just wanted to throw in that you can do what I did and pay the $24.95 a year and do iTunes Match. Puts your whole library into the cloud (up to 25,000 songs) and lets you access it through the stock app.

Then you can do what I did again and download a third party app like Ecuote (my favorite) and use that to access your music since it looks 10000000x better than the stock app. That's the one place I want Apple to work on for iOS 7... Design all around.

I have used gMusic and Google Music as a service and it is really good (especially since there's a web app so you can get your music on any computer) so the choice is up to you. I have Match right now strictly because I use it with Airplay and feel I should use it now since I bought it, but since gMusic has Airplay you can go that route too. Anyway... Just throwing another method out there in case you wanted to stick with Apple services (and not have to buy a new phone).
Burton8219 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:26 AM   #6
SA16
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton8219 View Post
This is a good idea, but I just wanted to throw in that you can do what I did and pay the $24.95 a year and do iTunes Match. Puts your whole library into the cloud (up to 25,000 songs) and lets you access it through the stock app.

Then you can do what I did again and download a third party app like Ecuote (my favorite) and use that to access your music since it looks 10000000x better than the stock app. That's the one place I want Apple to work on for iOS 7... Design all around.

I have used gMusic and Google Music as a service and it is really good (especially since there's a web app so you can get your music on any computer) so the choice is up to you. I have Match right now strictly because I use it with Airplay and feel I should use it now since I bought it, but since gMusic has Airplay you can go that route too. Anyway... Just throwing another method out there in case you wanted to stick with Apple services (and not have to buy a new phone).
These are definitely some great ideas. I was just looking at the Ecuote app, and that does look amazing! Thanks for the advice, I am definitely going to consider the itunes match, especially because I use airplay a lot at home.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:07 AM   #7
HectorBrower85
macrumors newbie

Yeah streaming would be way better for you if you can get a good plan with unlimited data.

I do the Google play thing, I have all my music stored there and whenever I change phones I still get to listen to them via streaming.
HectorBrower85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone