Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Sonic 1992
macrumors newbie

Have your Album Artwork show on iPhone while connected to car stereo?

Hello, I have a new Nissan Juke with iPhone intergration, but when I connect my iPhone, I would like to have album artwork displayed while playing on the iPhone.

But all you see is that annoying ugly "accessory connected" screen. I've tried installing (and wasting money) on apps that don't work.

My question is, Is there a way to have album artwork display on iPhone while connected to car stereo?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Sonic 1992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:39 AM   #2
scorpio1973
macrumors 6502

I also have a Nissan Juke. Welcome to the club. I love mine!

Hopefully, someone out there might have an answer to your question. I haven't looked into any way to make the artwork show on my iPhone while connected. I am guessing since you are controlling the functions through the head unit, it might not be possible.
scorpio1973 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:36 PM   #3
outphase
macrumors 65816

The album art still appears on the lock screen even if plugged in.
outphase is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Sonic 1992
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio1973 View Post
I also have a Nissan Juke. Welcome to the club. I love mine!

Hopefully, someone out there might have an answer to your question. I haven't looked into any way to make the artwork show on my iPhone while connected. I am guessing since you are controlling the functions through the head unit, it might not be possible.
Yeah, I was so disappointed that the stereo doesn't display album art. Just plain 'ol text information.

The most annoying thing, with that big screen on the stereo, it still cuts off information from track info, and there is totally enough room!

It would be nice if this was a toggle-able option on the iPhone in settings to show the artwork instead of that ugly accessory screen.

Are there any apps out there that will override that accessory screen?
Sonic 1992 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:10 PM   #5
vastoholic
macrumors 68000

I've got the same issue just not the same vehicle. I have an aftermarket receiver that can only display text (it's not a big display). I plug it in via USB which allows me to control it through the receiver but then I get that same accessory connected. Kind of wish I could still control it through the phone since its easier to navigate with the touch screen to different artists or specific songs. It's not a big deal now. Just a minor inconvenience that I wish could change eventually.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:21 PM   #6
scorpio1973
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic 1992 View Post
Yeah, I was so disappointed that the stereo doesn't display album art. Just plain 'ol text information.

The most annoying thing, with that big screen on the stereo, it still cuts off information from track info, and there is totally enough room!

It would be nice if this was a toggle-able option on the iPhone in settings to show the artwork instead of that ugly accessory screen.

Are there any apps out there that will override that accessory screen?
No apps that I know of. I might just have to do a little research.

Totally agree about the track information! Although I think it only does that when I am listening to XM. I want to say it scrolls when listening to FM stations? Not sure though. There are a lot of times when I want to know the name of the artist or song and I can't see it. Might be too much to hope for a software update in the future.

Enjoy your Juke!
scorpio1973 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:44 AM   #7
Bazooka-joe
macrumors 6502

I think your cars stereo will have to support covert art amd may need some electronic box to allowmthis. My BMW has cover art but to supoortmthis required a comm box that supoorted media and it was a factory build optional extra
Bazooka-joe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:04 PM   #8
Rocko1
macrumors 68000

How do you know your Jukes radio supports this? How do you know your iPhone is capable of this? Why did you spend money before researching this more?
Rocko1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:30 PM   #9
altaprod
macrumors regular

I'm not sure the original question was answered

I have the same problem. When I first enter my car and the Bluetooth automatically syncs, the iPhone displays the artwork of the first song. After a few seconds the screen (on iPhone) goes dark. When the next song starts the album artwork doesn't appear on the iPhone screen. Is there a way to allow this or is the phone trying to save energy?

Thanks for any help!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:14 PM   #10
Trius
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko1 View Post
How do you know your Jukes radio supports this? How do you know your iPhone is capable of this? Why did you spend money before researching this more?
He doesn't know.. hence the post..

I would assume this is one of those small things the OP didn't think of when picking out a vehicle...
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:39 PM   #11
altaprod
macrumors regular

Maybe in settings? It must be possible!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by altaprod View Post
I have the same problem. When I first enter my car and the Bluetooth automatically syncs, the iPhone displays the artwork of the first song. After a few seconds the screen (on iPhone) goes dark. When the next song starts the album artwork doesn't appear on the iPhone screen. Is there a way to allow this or is the phone trying to save energy?

Thanks for any help!
Old Apr 20, 2013, 06:05 PM   #12
altaprod
macrumors regular

Anyone know if this is possible. Quote below?

Anyone know if this is possible???
Quote:
Originally Posted by altaprod View Post

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone