Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:37 PM   #1
britneyfan
macrumors 6502

AT&T $100 mini deal question

If I go to the Apple Store and buy an AT&T mini, will I still be able to do the $100 deal?

And then signing a 2 year contract, would I have to keep THAT mini for the plan or could I keep the plan and go to a new ipad mini when it comes out ( mini will probably be a snail in a year's time ) and sell the other one and not have to pay the etf?
Thanks.
britneyfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:48 PM   #2
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by britneyfan View Post
If I go to the Apple Store and buy an AT&T mini, will I still be able to do the $100 deal?

And then signing a 2 year contract, would I have to keep THAT mini for the plan or could I keep the plan and go to a new ipad mini when it comes out ( mini will probably be a snail in a year's time ) and sell the other one and not have to pay the etf?
Thanks.
I think most AT&T stores are out of them due to the holidays, but I ordered mine online and it showed up a few days later. They also give you free shipping.

I spoke with an AT&T rep, and was told the device itself doesn't matter as long as you have an active plan. I was concerned for the same reason as you since I'll be upgrading to the new Mini whenever it comes out.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:51 PM   #3
britneyfan
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
I think most AT&T stores are out of them due to the holidays, but I ordered mine online and it showed up a few days later. They also give you free shipping.

I spoke with an AT&T rep, and was told the device itself doesn't matter as long as you have an active plan. I was concerned for the same reason as you since I'll be upgrading to the new Mini whenever it comes out.
Thanks! Good to know. So apple isn't an option?
britneyfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:02 PM   #4
AmyK
macrumors member

Nope you have to order it through AT&T.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:16 PM   #5
Oridus
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyK View Post
Nope you have to order it through AT&T.
False. If you bring an ipad to an AT&T COR store and apply it to an account and sign a 24 month commitment, you will receive a $100 bill credit. Unless its a market only thing (which I doubt), you can go to best buy, pick up the tablet, take it to AT&T, activate it, and get a $100 bill credit.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:30 PM   #6
jeme
macrumors regular

Orris is correct, additionally you only have to keep that SIM active, so when the next iPad or mini comes out just buy it where ever and put the active SIM in it.
128GB iPad Air LTE
jeme is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad