Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
U.K
hi,
i got a iPod for christmas and, well i've ball'sed it up.
i instantly went and jailbroke it on iOS 6.0.1 with redsn0w, after 1 day i got sick of it being tethered and i downloaded 5.1.1 and used redsn0w to install it and this came up:
ERROR! Please perform clean slide to power off and try again.

so now im pretty much bricked and i cant restore it due to "error 1600, error 11, error 2002" i've tried with tiny umbrella to get the shsh blobs, i've tried to just restore it normaly and nothing is working.

im a noob at iOS since ive only ever had a ipod touch.
any help would be brilliant!

Last edited:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
hi,
i got a iPod for christmas and, well i've ball'sed it up.
i instantly went and jailbroke it on iOS 6.0.1 with redsn0w, after 1 day i got sick of it being tethered and i downloaded 5.1.1 and used redsn0w to install it and this came up:
ERROR! Please perform clean slide to power off and try again.

so now im pretty much bricked and i cant restore it due to "error 1600, error 11, error 2002" i've tried with tiny umbrella to get the shsh blobs, i've tried to just restore it normaly and nothing is working.

im a noob at iOS since ive only ever had a ipod touch.
any help would be brilliant!

It is not bricked :rolleyes: , but you can only restore to current firmware since you have no 5.x.x SHSH saved.

mrmaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
U.K
Clicking restore brings up error 1602, using tiny umbrella and iPod4,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw with saved blobs from redsn0w from the apple server's gets error 1600 as well as a message saying "this device can preform faster if you connect it to a high speed usb 2.0 port."

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Clicking restore brings up error 1602, using tiny umbrella and iPod4,1_6.0.1_10A523_Restore.ipsw with saved blobs from redsn0w from the apple server's gets error 1600 as well as a message saying "this device can preform faster if you connect it to a high speed usb 2.0 port."

Only iTunes should be open
Close Redsn0w and TinyUmbrella

Connect the cable directly to your computer, not a hub
Try a different port or cable if possible
Or try a different computer

mrmaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
U.K
tried on different ports on my windows laptop and got 1602 and "device could run faster", on my hackintosh i get error 1601. :(

i think i might just go to a genius bar, or go get a replacement.

Last edited:

spyguy10709

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
One Infinite Loop, Cupertino CA
tried on different ports on my windows laptop and got 1602 and "device could run faster", on my hackintosh i get error 1601. :(

i think i might just go to a genius bar, or go get a replacement.

Wow you gave up quickly --- google what those errors mean. It's what you get when you attempt to downgrade your iOS device. Quit all your redsn0w, tiny umbrella etc apps and restart your computer. Then plug your device into itunes. Don't open anything else up. Then restore it.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Wow you gave up quickly --- google what those errors mean. It's what you get when you attempt to downgrade your iOS device. Quit all your redsn0w, tiny umbrella etc apps and restart your computer. Then plug your device into itunes. Don't open anything else up. Then restore it.

might be a tough exchanging a jailbroken device ;) not impossible but most geniuses will quickly turn you away, JB technically voids the warranty of course restoring removes the jb. search error 1600 or 1602 tons of threads and youtube videos on how to fix it.

mrmaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
U.K

its just that the iPod is completely lifeless, its had a constant black screen for ages now.
im gonna try and restore it now.

mrmaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
U.K
well, i did get a slight bit of life when i tried 5.1.1 before, as in "downloading jailbreak data" and the lines of code. but there is no apple logo ever. :confused:

anyway after restart with no apps open, i still get 1602. and the error page from apple just says try again.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error1602

mrmaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
U.K
ive put it into pwned dfu, and removed the hash's from the host file and its looking pretty promising.:)

5 seconds after i posted this, error 1601 :mad:

lokster

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2010
set the ipod in DFU mode FIRST THEN plug it to your computer and open itunes and it should say that the ipod is in recovery mode. then restore. it should work this way.

mrmaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
U.K
set the ipod in DFU mode FIRST THEN plug it to your computer and open itunes and it should say that the ipod is in recovery mode. then restore. it should work this way.

for some reason, i can't put it in dfu mode when not pluged into the computer?
:confused:
edit: in-fact i can't get it in dfu mode at all?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
to make sure

DFU-mode is a completly black screen and itunes saying it found a ipod in rcovery mode(which it isn't)

on your windows machine type in gs.apple.com in your browser
it should take you to an generic apple page

if it takes you to cydia your host file is still pointing to cydia

after editing the host file on windows you need to restart the computer

you don't need to do anything with blobs if you want to restore to 6.01 as that is the currently signed firmware by apple

Download fresh 6.01 IPSW from here:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=757
make sure your host file is pointing to apple
put it in DFU; connect USB, hold home and power until it turns off, keep holding both for 3 more seconds, release power while holding home for another 10 seconds, black screen

now hit SHIFT-restore in itunes and select your downloaded IPSW

mrmaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
U.K
gs.apple.com brings up:

This page is just a placeholder. To publish your site, place your HTML and image files in the data directory.

Be sure to name your main page "index.html" and it will become the default page for visitors.

Additional resources... blah blah blah

same results as before, god this is annoying :(

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Copy and paste how your host file looks like and list the exact steps you've done (in detail would help)

mrmaker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
U.K
Host File:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
#127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

what i have tried:
1. extracting shsh blobs in tiny umbrella (did not work, device not detected)
2. restoring normally on both mac and pc (numerous errors 1600-1604)
3.restoring in PWNED DFU (didn't work, error 1601)
4.hashing out gs.apple.com (didn't work, error 1602)
5. im going to try restoring a custom ipsw using blobs from redsn0w and the custom ipsw from sn0wbreeze.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.