Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:00 PM   #1
snappyfool
macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5 horizontal line on screen

Hi all, just upgraded to an iPhone 5 on 6.0.1 out of the box. Have since upgraded to 6.0.2. Occasionally I get this line across the screen about two fifths from the bottom, similar to the keyboard glitches that were around before, but a solid line all the way across. It can happen in any app or home screen, keyboard or no keyboard. The image below the line sometimes shakes at a very high rate producing a blur. It doesn't appear in home+sleep screen shots.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this and if its likely to be a software issue like the keyboard glitch, or is this a faulty iPhone 5?

Thanks.
snappyfool is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Tallguy93
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappyfool View Post
Hi all, just upgraded to an iPhone 5 on 6.0.1 out of the box. Have since upgraded to 6.0.2. Occasionally I get this line across the screen about two fifths from the bottom, similar to the keyboard glitches that were around before, but a solid line all the way across. It can happen in any app or home screen, keyboard or no keyboard. The image below the line sometimes shakes at a very high rate producing a blur. It doesn't appear in home+sleep screen shots.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this and if its likely to be a software issue like the keyboard glitch, or is this a faulty iPhone 5?

Thanks.
where is the image?

factory reset with itunes....If it is still there than go a replacement
Tallguy93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:49 PM   #3
snappyfool
macrumors 6502a

Yeah factory reset doesn't do anything. What do you mean where is the image ? Anyway I found another thread, sorry. Searched a while and only found threads about the keyboard until after I posted this. Just bumped it if anyone interested.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:49 PM   #4
Tallguy93
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappyfool View Post
Yeah factory reset doesn't do anything. What do you mean where is the image ? Anyway I found another thread, sorry. Searched a while and only found threads about the keyboard until after I posted this. Just bumped it if anyone interested.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Have you managed to take an image of the problem?
Tallguy93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:53 PM   #5
snappyfool
macrumors 6502a

Oh sorry. No but I will try to keep a camera handy tomorrow. Meanwhile there is a video someone else took

Other thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1450211

Video: http://youtu.be/Alu3Vn8WyVc

Last edited by snappyfool; Dec 28, 2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Wrong video link !

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone