Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

craigfamily

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
My ipod it sending texts to the person I'm sending them to, as well as to the main account holder (Dad). I can't seem to figure out where the duplicate address is so I can delete it. Please help!!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
My ipod it sending texts to the person I'm sending them to, as well as to the main account holder (Dad). I can't seem to figure out where the duplicate address is so I can delete it. Please help!!

I'm guessing you're using the same iCloud account and these texts are being sent through iMessage? If this is the case, you need a new iCloud account.

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
You have your dad's address as one of the originate imessage addresses. Go into settings, iMessage and sign out of his account or uncheck his name from the list. I am assuming you have your own apple ID. If not, you can still tie the purchases to your dads account (for parental control purposes) and separately have your own ID so that the cross messaging does not happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.