Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PT123

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2011
I'm thinking of buying a new MBP with antiglare screen before they are phased out this summer.

For the first time ever I've started to think about resale value as I used to give my devices to family members, but by now they are all well :apple: 'd.

Obviously some professionals prefer antiglare screen - do you think buying one now will mean plenty of demand for second hand ones when they disappear or poorer resale market as the option becomes obsolete?

p77

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
likely to go south

i've a hunch its likely to fetch you a bit less since, i doubt, most professionals willing to pay extra for an anti-glare option will be in the market for a second hand 3 year old computer. the only people buying 2nd hand laptops will be those that get glossed over by those shiny screens :p *pun intended*

PT123

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2011
i've a hunch its likely to fetch you a bit less since, i doubt, most professionals willing to pay extra for an anti-glare option will be in the market for a second hand 3 year old computer. the only people buying 2nd hand laptops will be those that get glossed over by those shiny screens :p *pun intended*

True but professionals who like the antiglare and can afford new laptops won't have any choice since the antiglare option is going to be extinct!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.