Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
1) I got an iPad mini and I'm looking for a good app for cloud uses + word and excel uses

2) some years ago I bought documents to go, and now it still ask me to buy it

What can I do?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
1) I got an iPad mini and I'm looking for a good app for cloud uses + word and excel uses

2) some years ago I bought documents to go, and now it still ask me to buy it

What can I do?

If you are using the same account, it should say "install." If not, either the dev pulled it and put a new version out there (I don't think they did this for docs to go) or you used another account.

In regards to 1, I prefer the iWork apps on the iPad. I really like them and make a lot of use out of them with barely any problems (aside for lack of pivot table option in Numbers but I work around it).

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
I was thinking bout iWork but won't I have compatibility problems if I send my files to office on PC? Luke some du citons ont available Or w/e

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I was thinking bout iWork but won't I have compatibility problems if I send my files to office on PC? Luke some du citons ont available Or w/e

I've no idea on what you said after the question mark; however, yes you will have some compatibility problems if you use a lot of the more "advanced" functions of office. iWork is good for the basic use… viewing a single word document maybe or creating one. Same applies to Numbers. Out of all, Keynote is generally the most compatible with PowerPoint with Numbers being the least due to advance Excel uses almost a lot of offices use these days… such as Pivot tables.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Sorry bout the 2nd part stupid double language

But thanks for the answers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.