nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Why hasn't this thread been moved to the appropriate "Alternative OS..." thread

??
nuckinfutz is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:31 AM   #77
radiologyman
macrumors regular

One hand operation and light weight are very important to me. I hope that screen will get larger without compromising image quality and above requirements. Bring on igzo screen!
radiologyman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:12 AM   #78
coolguy879
Banned

Notta gonna happenna
coolguy879 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:36 AM   #79
corys00
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
I might check out the 4" Droid Incredible LTE 4G just for giggles, but overall I'm really happy with current choice.
Trust me, stay away from that POS. My buddy works for Verizon and that was his Best device (it's a program in store to keep the newest phones in the employees' hands) and that phone is such a POS. God awful screen and so slow and the sound quality sucked.

I will say though, the OG Incredible was fantastic.
corys00 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:30 AM   #80
Michael CM1
macrumors 601

I want the next one because I want 4G and I want more than 16GB. Man, what a dumb move to save $100.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:37 AM   #81
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvadh387 View Post
I can wait.

My boyfriend has the Galaxy s3. It is a great phone, but it's too complicated for me. 90% of the cool things it does, I probably wouldn't even use it. I just want a phone that overall works well and is simple. All my other devices are Apple products anyway. I already tried the android thing, and now I want to switch to Apple. I've never owned an iPhone before.
Get the Ip 5 as soon as you can. The next iteration of the Ip 5 will just be a spec bump, which won't affect you much. You will really enjoy the Ip 5. Don't wait, you can get a really good deal on one.
jimbo1mcm is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:23 AM   #82
dinggus
Banned

I'm on the S cycle I suppose. I'll upgrade to the 5S. I'm not saying I won't upgrade to the next iPhone after that if the size isn't bigger, that's just ridiculous. But if Apple realized an iPhone the size of the Note 2, I'd probably get that one.

I have a question, it's probably a stupid one. Why doesn't Apple just realize multiple sizes? 3.5", 4", 5.5" screens?
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:53 AM   #83
onthecouchagain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four oF NINE View Post
The current 4 inch size is ideal.

This sounds awfully familiar... except the "4" used to be "3.5"...
onthecouchagain is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:58 AM   #84
tomjleeds
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws1 View Post
I jumped ship to the S3 when the iP5 went to the weird tall skinny form factor. I don't see the 5S or whatever getting a larger screen so i'll skip that also. If the 6 has the screen I want then i'll be back. If not, I'll probably skip that also.
The weird tall skinny form which is the same as the S3
tomjleeds is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:21 AM   #85
Four oF NINE
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
This sounds awfully familiar... except the "4" used to be "3.5"...
external dimension difference is negligible.
Four oF NINE is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:59 AM   #86
MuddyPaws1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjleeds View Post
The weird tall skinny form which is the same as the S3
You must not have ever seen a S3. The screen size is not the same as the iP5. It's wider. Maybe you should research a bit before you post things like this.
MuddyPaws1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:25 AM   #87
old-wiz
macrumors 604

any bigger and it won't fit in my shirt pocket.
old-wiz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:25 AM   #88
tomjleeds
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws1 View Post
You must not have ever seen a S3. The screen size is not the same as the iP5. It's wider. Maybe you should research a bit before you post things like this.
You must not understand the difference between "size" and "width". Maybe you should research a bit as these are pretty basic concepts.

Both screens are the same ratio. Size is completely separate from that.
tomjleeds is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:34 AM   #89
RenoG
macrumors 65816

This topic is so last year...If you want a bigger screen go android if you simply don't care go apple.
RenoG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:38 AM   #90
SpyderBite
macrumors 65816

I like the 3.5" display on the 4s. I have an iPad and a MBP if I need a bigger display.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:40 AM   #91
Sodner
macrumors 68000

I don't see the infatuation with giant screen phones. My cousin has one and it looks like he is holding up an iPad Mini when he makes a call.

For me, the size of the 5 is fine.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:26 PM   #92
chakraj
macrumors 65816

I don't see the infatuation with tiny screen phones. My friend has one and it looks like he is holding up an old small lcd calculator when he makes a call.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:53 PM   #93
Dominicanyor
macrumors 6502a

I use to have the evo a few years back then I got the 4s and never looked back. I'm thinking to upgrade once the 5s comes out but for now I'm very happy with my 4s.
Dominicanyor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:35 PM   #94
zbarvian
macrumors 68000

Lets be real here...everyone in this thread who says that 4" is ideal would happily pre-order a 4.6-4.8" iPhone 6.
zbarvian is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:45 PM   #95
ericrwalker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbarvian View Post
Lets be real here...everyone in this thread who says that 4" is ideal would happily pre-order a 4.6-4.8" iPhone 6.
For many of us it's mostly about the OS, and not the size of the screen. Personally I think the iPhone 5 screen is nice, but I like my 4S screen. When I am due for an upgrade next year I hope the size isn't bigger than the 4", but if it is, I'd most likely get it because like I said I like iOS.
ericrwalker is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:09 PM   #96
SupadudeX
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoG View Post
This topic is so last year...If you want a bigger screen go android if you simply don't care go apple.
It's this type of arrogant attitude that's going to eventually knock Apple off their iThrone.

Why make your customers choose between sticking with your products and switching to android over something as simple as screen size. Different people have difference preferences. Give them options. Mac laptops come in multiple sizes, iPads come in multiple sizes, why not iPhones too?
SupadudeX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:38 PM   #97
aliensporebomb
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Ah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasurfer View Post
I know some people prefer the current size, 3.5 or 4. But both of these are too small especially after playing the samsung or HTC phones.

Those big phones just look nice. I am so tempted to buy those phones and just give up my iPhone.

Apple should be more considerate and make a few options. Let the customer pick.

I have friends who feels the same too.
I had to work on updating a users activesync password (I work in I.T. where there are people with all kinds of phones, blackberries, androids, iPhones - you name it) and it was ridiculous - I could hardly use the touchscreen at all - I was like a fumbling idiot just trying to type on his phone.

After 10 minutes of fumbling around with something that should have taken no more than a minute I found the darned thing had a slide out keyboard and used that. It was still awkward but the touchscreen on some of these droid phones are impossible to control. I could never use one.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:43 PM   #98
jakeruston
macrumors member

Very much doubt the screen size will be increased in the next version.

A lot of developers haven't even upgraded their apps to the new resolution yet, never mind adding a 3rd one into the mix.

The next iPhone will probably just be a minor update.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:52 PM   #99
dcpmark
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbarvian View Post
Wrong. I will never get any phone over 4" ever again, unless there are NO phones that size. Had 'em, don't like 'em. I don't watch movies or TV on my phone......that's what a 60" plasma is for. I don't spend my days watching You Tube videos or surfing the web on my phone.....that's my iPad and HP Touchpad are for. I just want a small, light phone to make and take phone calls, get an email or two, send and receive texts, and serve up gobs of unlimited LTE to all of my mobile devices.
dcpmark is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:05 PM   #100
chakraj
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
I had to work on updating a users activesync password (I work in I.T. where there are people with all kinds of phones, blackberries, androids, iPhones - you name it) and it was ridiculous - I could hardly use the touchscreen at all - I was like a fumbling idiot just trying to type on his phone.

After 10 minutes of fumbling around with something that should have taken no more than a minute I found the darned thing had a slide out keyboard and used that. It was still awkward but the touchscreen on some of these droid phones are impossible to control. I could never use one.

I know just what you mean, I once rode in a car, and it was bumpy and uncomfortable. I will never ride in a car again. I mean since one was like that then they all will be right?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone