Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:24 AM   #1
roysalmon
macrumors newbie

Illustrator Problem

Hi all,

I am new to the Forum and hope some kind sole can give a 77 year old designer (the old school) from Leigh on Sea in Essex
some helpful and constructive advice.

I have a mini mac OS X and in the summer I was advised to installed Snow Leopard to improve performance, but since then when ever I try to open any of my Illustrator CS files it crashes! the CS has worked fine in the past. I have just bought Illustrator CS 4 from Amazon to overcome the problem, but when I installed the program I had to provide the Code for my original CS which I do not have or recall ever having ( I have had CS for years and was never made aware the code may be needed at a latter date!). The installed CS 4 is now only functional on a 30 trial.

Question....what is the best advice to overcome the code problem. Can I buy an old CS with code and how will I know the code will work with the new CS 4 or can I buy a code for my existing CS and from where, or will I be forced to purchase a full CS 6 which for me and my limited skills is not only expensive but impractical for the small amount of Illustrator work I do!.

Really appreciate any help on offer.
roysalmon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Nate392
macrumors member

If you have an Adobe account, you go into the account online, and look at "your purchases" (or something like that). The code should be under the purchase, but you may have to click show code, or something, to get the code to show up. (Sorry, this is from memory).
Hope this helps!
Nate392 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 06:49 AM   #3
vintly
macrumors newbie

Call Adobe on 01628 590 300. They will direct you to where to find the serial number for your old software, and should be able to activate your new software for you. I have found them to do this in the recent past.
vintly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help