Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:39 PM   #1
bsen4961

iMac 27" More bass on left side than right normal?

I only noticed this when i tested the speakers using the panning tool in system preferences and was wondering if people can do the same?

Pan all the way to the left and then pan all the way to the right and tell me if you can hear a difference. The left side seems to have more bass right?

Im sure this is normal due to the sub being on the left side for example
bsen4961 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:02 PM   #2
WilliamG
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsen4961 View Post
I only noticed this when i tested the speakers using the panning tool in system preferences and was wondering if people can do the same?

Pan all the way to the left and then pan all the way to the right and tell me if you can hear a difference. The left side seems to have more bass right?

Im sure this is normal due to the sub being on the left side for example
Yep same thing noticed here. The right side is noticeably higher-end in terms of range, whereas the left side is deeper. Strangely, I also noticed this in Diablo 3 with my demon hunter. Shooting toward the right side of the screen is much "thinner" than shooting toward the left. One of several reasons why the new iMac's sound system is not as good as the outgoing model's.

Last edited by WilliamG; Dec 30, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
WilliamG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:56 PM   #3
bsen4961

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
Yep same thing noticed here. The right side is noticeably higher-end in terms of range, whereas the left side is deeper. Strangely, I also noticed this in Diablo 3 with my demon hunter. Shooting toward the right side of the screen is much "thinner" than shooting toward the left. One of several reasons why the new iMac's sound system is not as good as the outgoing model's.
Thank you for your reply.

Last edited by bsen4961; Feb 12, 2014 at 06:02 AM.
bsen4961 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac