Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:56 PM   #1
kannesss
Banned

Flash Drive Issue

So I have a normal everyday 8GB flash drive with some work on it. I plugged it into the computer, it was opened from the package minutes before, and had never been used. I dropped the files on the disk, it said it copied, So i ejected and went about my day.
Next day, flash drive has nothing on it, but when i open the info, it says it is using up 4GB, of the 8. So, how exactly can i fix this? Im on a macbook pro, and every other flash drive has worked fine, i dont understand what could have happened. Im fine with clearing it, but it wont let me, as the drive doesnt show any content, or in my trash bin.
kannesss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2
kannesss
Banned

so out of 600 people viewing this now, no one has had this happen...?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:28 PM   #3
blueroom
macrumors 603

Could be a counterfeit flash drive. Some of those will report more space than actually exists till you try to use it.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:43 PM   #4
kannesss
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroom View Post
Could be a counterfeit flash drive. Some of those will report more space than actually exists till you try to use it.
it came in a two pack, and the other is fine. it's not even the space issue. it's that when i try to copy it to the drive, it just disappears, and says its unable to connect
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:47 PM   #5
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannesss View Post
it came in a two pack, and the other is fine. it's not even the space issue. it's that when i try to copy it to the drive, it just disappears, and says its unable to connect
Most products today are so well made, that we tend to get spoiled with fault free purchases. Since you got two & one is fine, I'd say you simply got one that's defective.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help