Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:54 PM   #1
has.marvel
macrumors member

Pages 09 share menu not working

My wife and I are converting from the windows world and decided to try Pages. She created a document and then tried to email it to a friend. When we go to the Share Menu item, the send email is grayed out but the Pages/Word/PDF options below the email are in bold. When I select one of the options, nothing happens. I am sure that this is just some dumb rookie mistake but please tell we what we are doing wrong.

Also, when we create new documents, and go to save them, is there a way of working down into the documents folder to sub folders when in the save dialog. It only seems to give us devices, and favorites.

Thanks.
has.marvel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:20 PM   #2
has.marvel
macrumors member

Well, I solved part of my problem by finding an answer by wandering thru the apple support community. It was a file name issue. Seems share function is very sensitive to file names. It is strange that Pages will let you name and save a document it can't share but....

Still would like to understand the save issue. Thanks.
has.marvel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2013, 10:11 AM   #3
areeeff
macrumors newbie

Thanks for this post

Your research made my research easy. I took a proper name out of my file name, and the email page popped open. If you are not careful you might learn something every day
areeeff is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store