Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:57 AM   #26
coolguy879
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatGuy007 View Post
I live a few blocks from the 5th avenue Apple Store, but there are small tiny scratches on the bezel, camera, and sides. This was a replacement of my other iPhone . I'm afraid if I turn the phone in they won't be able to see the scratches since its only visible is bright light or sunlight. These scratches will obviously decrease the resale value.
Stop complaining. Think of the ppls without the iPhone 5. I have a moldy old 3GS
coolguy879 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:49 AM   #27
mebehere
macrumors member

Quote:
I live a few blocks from the 5th avenue Apple Store, but there are small tiny scratches on the bezel, camera, and sides. This was a replacement of my other iPhone . I'm afraid if I turn the phone in they won't be able to see the scratches since its only visible is bright light or sunlight. These scratches will obviously decrease the resale value.
Look at the bright side. Wait, that's what makes the scratches visible. Stay fat.
mebehere is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:41 PM   #28
FatGuy007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl01 View Post
How will you protect the phone from any additional marks? If they are microscopic... Do you really think your buyer will see them? Can you post pics?

I've sold iDevices before and people just sort of look them over quickly to see if there's any obvious damage. How much do you really think these marks will devalue your phone?

----------

This is obviously the way to go!
Just so everybody can know and see if I have OCD. The scratches can be quite visible without case, for example the camera scratch has a slight stretch of the lens of the camera, so it dont look like a perfect circle, like a small bump midway of a roundabout.
FatGuy007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:50 PM   #29
Chris092881
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Just so everybody can know and see if I have OCD. The scratches can be quite visible without case, for example the camera scratch has a slight stretch of the lens of the camera, so it dont look like a perfect circle, like a small bump midway of a roundabout.
Don't let anyone here tell you what is and isn't acceptable. Now, if the scratches are so small that you need to focus up close to see them, you may be overdoing it. But if they're noticeable to you and you really feel like they are something you don't want to live with, then return the phone. Apple loves telling people what is and isn't acceptable, but really it's your call. The fact of the matter is YOU paid for the device. So do whatever you please and don't stop until you're happy.
Chris092881 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:48 PM   #30
itjw
Banned

Go buy a Samsung. They are indestructible and never ever show any damage under any circumstances...

I know. I would have thought plastic was, well, plastic, but they NEVER show any wear and tear. It's really incredible.

Since the cosmetics are all that matter, go do that!
itjw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:59 PM   #31
FatGuy007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjw View Post
Go buy a Samsung. They are indestructible and never ever show any damage under any circumstances...

I know. I would have thought plastic was, well, plastic, but they NEVER show any wear and tear. It's really incredible.

Since the cosmetics are all that matter, go do that!
I had the galaxy s3 as a previous phone, and I hated it for some reason. I don't know what was about it, the OS, the cheap feel to it, and for me it looked abnormally wide. That's what I like about the iPhone 5 thin and tall, no homo.
FatGuy007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:38 PM   #32
itjw
Banned

Quote:
I had the galaxy s3 as a previous phone, and I hated it for some reason. I don't know what was about it, the OS, the cheap feel to it, and for me it looked abnormally wide. That's what I like about the iPhone 5 thin and tall, no homo.
No way!

Cheap feel!?!? They're indestructible and never scratch!

EVER

That seems to be all people care about. You mean to tell me it's not!??!
itjw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:00 PM   #33
Megalobyte
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by darster View Post
OCD. Or is it O C D, or OcD, Or is it oCD, or OCd or ocd.
Actually, it's CDO, the letters should really be alphabetized.
Megalobyte is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:31 PM   #34
saberahul
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by darster View Post
OCD. Or is it O C D, or OcD, Or is it oCD, or OCd or ocd.
I don't get it… it has to be OCD because it is an acronym (english rules don't really have anything to do with OCD at all).
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:34 PM   #35
aliensporebomb
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Ah

This thread is useless without photographs. Can these scratches be photographed?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:17 PM   #36
masti13harsh
macrumors member

Send me in... I have a forensic lab set up for such mcroscopic scratches...
masti13harsh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone