Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:47 PM   #1
jwolf6589
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to jwolf6589 Send a message via Yahoo to jwolf6589
Sending SMS Messages via Messenges

Sometimes for some out of this world reason when I try and send someone a message in Messenger to a regular cell phone (non iOs) Messenger always defaults to messenger and does not let me send the message via AIM (which can send regular SMS messages to non iOs cell phones). Has anyone had this problem? I am aware of clicking on the down arrow in the window, however not always is there an option to send an AIM message and I am logged into AIM. For some contacts it works and others it does not. Anyone know why?

For example tonight I tried doing the following.

Sending iOS Messages to iPhones/ipads via Messengers and it worked just fine as usual.
Sending SMS Messages to non iOs phones and for some contacts I was able to type in their name and a option was available to send a AIM SMS Message, but others there was not that option and I do not know why.

Mac OSX 10.8.2
Messages/iChat 7.0.1
jwolf6589 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store