Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:57 PM   #1
superfly33
macrumors newbie

Keeping Unlimited Data through IP5 purchase through a vendor

So I understand how to keep Unlimited Data through the "Verizon Loophole" 1000+ thread but I haven't ran into any posts that asks if the IP5 is purchased through a vendor, would it still work?

I was at Sam's the other day, and tried to use my wife's upgrade to buy the IP5 for $127 and activate it on my line, but the guy says he cannot do a "cross activation."

In my understanding, one of the ways to keep Unlimited Data is to use a secondary line upgrade to actually activate the IP5, then later deactivate the IP5 and reactivate the original phone on the secondary line. And reactivate the IP5 on the main line (or whatever line you want it on).

I wonder if it would work the way since everything is essentially the same except the phone is bought through Sam's (or any 3rd party vendor) and activated at Sam's?
superfly33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:43 AM   #2
takeshi74
macrumors 601

An activation is an activation. There's no need for threads to cover every possible permutation out there to answer such questions.
takeshi74 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Clevans
macrumors newbie

I did an upgrade swap at radio shack. I upgraded one line to the iPhone 5 then they swapped it there to my line and put the old phone back on the line I used the upgrade for. The employee had to call their rep contact for help with doing the swap but they got it done for me
Clevans is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Dr Sam Beckett
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly33 View Post
So I understand how to keep Unlimited Data through the "Verizon Loophole" 1000+ thread but I haven't ran into any posts that asks if the IP5 is purchased through a vendor, would it still work?

I was at Sam's the other day, and tried to use my wife's upgrade to buy the IP5 for $127 and activate it on my line, but the guy says he cannot do a "cross activation."

In my understanding, one of the ways to keep Unlimited Data is to use a secondary line upgrade to actually activate the IP5, then later deactivate the IP5 and reactivate the original phone on the secondary line. And reactivate the IP5 on the main line (or whatever line you want it on).

I wonder if it would work the way since everything is essentially the same except the phone is bought through Sam's (or any 3rd party vendor) and activated at Sam's?
Quote:

just do that.. and dont worry
Dr Sam Beckett is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone