Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Apr 17, 2014, 03:02 PM   #1
Z8beema
macrumors 6502

VPN services

Is there any free VPN services that have an app? I've used a few that work really well but it's only for a trial period. Are there any decent VPN apps that are completely free?
Z8beema is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2014, 06:56 AM   #2
Linkiepoo
macrumors newbie

Vpn can not be run for free and none
Linkiepoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:47 AM   #3
hharzer
macrumors member

Spotflux has a free service for iPhone/iPad. There's also no bandwidth or speed limitation.

It worked extremely well with a speed of about 17Mbps, but the ping's slightly higher than normal ( 200-250ms).

Maybe you want to give it a try.
hharzer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:08 AM   #4
Z8beema
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by hharzer View Post
Spotflux has a free service for iPhone/iPad. There's also no bandwidth or speed limitation.

It worked extremely well with a speed of about 17Mbps, but the ping's slightly higher than normal ( 200-250ms).

I notice it says "try" for free. do you have to pay after a certain period?
Z8beema is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:05 PM   #5
eelw
macrumors 6502a

Tunnel Bear has free version that gives 500MB of traffic for the month.
eelw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:38 PM   #6
hharzer
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z8beema View Post
I notice it says "try" for free. do you have to pay after a certain period?
I'm using it for two months now. At first, you get a trial to test their premium service ( blocks ads, lowers traffic etc. ) and after that, it's .. well, i din't notice any differences.

I used mostly Pandora, tested Beats, watched Netflix etc.. It's pretty reliable, as long as you have a good network connection. It's set to on demand after you installed their profile which I turned off because it was quite annoying and sometimes the iPhone couldn't establish a connection. But this was most certainly because of bad reception when I was "on the road" :-)

It's one of the best services so far, been testing several ones. No one was perfect, either connection problems or unstable connection / bad speed etc.

Spotflux is my top rated at the moment, simply because it's free/extremely cheap and offers everything I need without limitation.

And as I mentioned above, the trial's a month of premium subscription.

Good luck and best regards.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:51 AM   #7
Techonlineiran
macrumors newbie

I would suggest Spotflux since its totally free and has no mb limits compared to many other. Enables Netflix US and Hulu if your abroad.
Good Stuff

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo8kdy822EM
Techonlineiran is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2014, 06:10 PM   #8
Z8beema
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Quote:
I'm using it for two months now. At first, you get a trial to test their premium service ( blocks ads, lowers traffic etc. ) and after that, it's .. well, i din't notice any differences.

I used mostly Pandora, tested Beats, watched Netflix etc.. It's pretty reliable, as long as you have a good network connection. It's set to on demand after you installed their profile which I turned off because it was quite annoying and sometimes the iPhone couldn't establish a connection. But this was most certainly because of bad reception when I was "on the road" :-)

It's one of the best services so far, been testing several ones. No one was perfect, either connection problems or unstable connection / bad speed etc.

Spotflux is my top rated at the moment, simply because it's free/extremely cheap and offers everything I need without limitation.

And as I mentioned above, the trial's a month of premium subscription.

Good luck and best regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techonlineiran View Post
I would suggest Spotflux since its totally free and has no mb limits compared to many other. Enables Netflix US and Hulu if your abroad.
Good Stuff

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo8kdy822EM
Is there a location option anywhere?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:42 AM   #9
hharzer
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z8beema View Post
Is there a location option anywhere?
As far as I know, they only use USA based servers.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone