Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thaly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Hello :)

I restored my IOS6 on december 29th around 9pm.
I did not see the option "restore from Icloud back up". I did not know about this option
My restored IPad is now empty from my pics and videos
I want to get my videos back!

Today, I read On Apple site, that during the restore process. there is the option "restore from back up" or "restore as new"
They say to click on "restore from back up" and then the 3 last back ups will be offered to me to chose from.

I did a second restore today at 1.03 pm and did click the option "restore from icloud back up"
But it did not offer the 3 last back ups.
It showed only one automatic back up done on the 30th at 1 am, which was after the first restore.
I clicked on it

My Ipad is still empty as new.

Yet when i go to the icloud software on my computer, it shows my icloud storage is "541.20 mb available out of 5gb" , exactly like before my first ipad restore.
It means I still have one good back up available from before the first restore. I want to get to read the content so to copy it on my ipad or computer.

So I clicked on "manage my storage"
it still says in red letters, on top of icloud window "541.20 mb out of 5gb"
YET it shows only one back up that says "back up Owner's Ipad 4.4GB Today at 1.03pm " which is the time of my second restore. And there is no pics or video files to select from the window.

How can i get to my full back up from before the first restore, before it gets deleted by future automatic back ups from my restored ipad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.