Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:54 AM   #1
rocknblogger
macrumors 68000

Send a message via Skype™ to rocknblogger
Siri dictation getting worse over the past couple weeks

I don't know about anyone else but for me Siri has been getting worse. Simple words like wine I get weight. "Not now" I got Tenner. "Champagne instead of wine" I got "Champagne and outline". These are just some of the things I remember but it's getting to the point that I can no longer trust Siri to text what I want. If I have to check every single text I may as well just type it out.

Until about two weeks ago Siri was somewhere around 90% to 95% correct but now it seems like almost every time I dictate I have to correct two or three words and sometimes entire sentences or paragraphs.

Has anyone else seen a decline in Siri accuracy?

FYI iPhone 5 iOS 6.02
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Siri working fine for me.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:49 PM   #3
Dominicanyor
macrumors 6502a

I stop using Siri months ago because I had the same issues. Plus when ever I ask about my football team it always gave me wrong information.
Dominicanyor is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:52 PM   #4
bonskovsky
Banned

I had to say goodbye to Siri too. It just not worth it.
bonskovsky is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:55 PM   #5
scyap
macrumors member

Seems pretty fine for me, only problem is that it has been really slow to process my dictation in the last 24hrs
scyap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:57 PM   #6
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020

I just started using Siri ( received a 5 for Christmas). So far Siri has worked pretty good for me, i have had to speak more deliberately.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:26 PM   #7
stonyboys
macrumors 6502

Have you taken into account that since the weather has gotten colder, your lips are a little paralyzed and you're just not speaking that clearly?
stonyboys is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:07 PM   #8
rocknblogger
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyboys View Post
Have you taken into account that since the weather has gotten colder, your lips are a little paralyzed and you're just not speaking that clearly?
Nah, I use Siri indoors. I still feel a bit stupid talking to my phone outdoors in public.

I've been using Siri since the 4S and for the most part it's been fine but now it's getting very basic words wrong. It has really deteriorated in the last 2 weeks. I'm texting pretty much the same things and the same people so if anything I would have expected that Siri would have gotten better over time, not worse. I'm very surprised.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:22 PM   #9
CharlieBrandt09
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblogger View Post
Nah, I use Siri indoors. I still feel a bit stupid talking to my phone outdoors in public.

I've been using Siri since the 4S and for the most part it's been fine but now it's getting very basic words wrong. It has really deteriorated in the last 2 weeks. I'm texting pretty much the same things and the same people so if anything I would have expected that Siri would have gotten better over time, not worse. I'm very surprised.
Siri works pretty well for me. I do wish there was a Siri training app or something so it learns your specific speech patterns, etc.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:46 PM   #10
erratikmind
macrumors 6502a

With regard to voice/word recognition, Siri pales in comparison Google's product. Siri is a dumb kid, in a manner of speaking, in a smart class.
erratikmind is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:34 PM   #11
rocknblogger
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by erratikmind View Post
With regard to voice/word recognition, Siri pales in comparison Google's product. Siri is a dumb kid, in a manner of speaking, in a smart class.
I have to agree with you. I have a Nexus7 so I don't use it as much as I do my iPhone. But the times I do use it I would say its about 99% accurate. I almost never have to correct it. Also where Google now is a true feature Siri is starting to feel more like a gimmick. Sad but true.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone