Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dthree36

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Ok, so I got a free Nexus 7 as a promo winning prize and well... the live desktops are cool but other than that... I think Android still has a long way to go when it comes to tablets.

So All I hear about is how this Nexus 7 is a power house and it has so many cores of processing power. Ok... So I purchased N.O.V.A.3 for both my mini and the Nexus. Guess what... my mini loaded this game in a 1/4 of the time it took the Nexus to load it if not faster. Then once I start playing the game, elements are missing from the google version.

On my mini I see a building on fire and falling paper... on the Nexus all these elements are missing. The Google Play store says nothing about which apps work on a tablet or are optimized for a tables so its hit or miss.

So.. for those who have a Android tablet.. have you noticed that games are missing visuals from their IOS counter parts?

The Nexus is an O.K. device but the IOS application pool is so much better than Android for tablets and phones, I could not see spending money on an android tablet... good thing this one was free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.