Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanw

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
currently when i get a sms message it displays a preview of the message in the notification area. is there a setting to change this so it does not do this?

Explicitic

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Undecided
I don't believe there is a a mod for that...well, not with the stock messaging app. One option would be to go with a third party app such as GO SMS Pro.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
currently when i get a sms message it displays a preview of the message in the notification area. is there a setting to change this so it does not do this?

I don't believe there is a a mod for that...well, not with the stock messaging app.

Yes there is indeed. Go into the stock messaging app (don't go into an actual message), then press the menu button (left of the home key), then go to settings, Then under the topic of "Notification Settings," uncheck Preview Message.

There are other settings here so mess around and adjust to your hearts content.
First thing I did on my GS3 (Note 2 should be the same), was change the background and bubble type, as you can see below :D

ScreenShot.png

Last edited:

DanteMann

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
Wow, had no clue this option was available. This is why I love Touchwiz! All the small little things to personalize your phone. Thanks for the tip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.