Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:42 PM   #1
kdum8
macrumors 6502a

How to select an Autocorrect suggestion?

Often when I fill in my email address for a web form I use the keyboard shortcut 'eml' that I have set up on my iPad to input my email address. However after typing 'eml' and seeing my email address suggestion appear, I have to press the space bar for iOS to take my suggestion and input it, and then hit the delete key to remove the space which I don't want.

Is there any way to get the autocorrect feature to be selected without having to add another character and then deleting it?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:01 AM   #2
iphnhelp
macrumors member

Sometimes there is a Next button above the keyboard if it's a form with a password field after the Email field. Hitting next will input the suggestion- but sometimes there is no Next button.

In that case, I've just been hitting space also. If there is a better way I'd like to know too.
iphnhelp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:01 AM   #3
rrandyy
macrumors 6502

Not that I'm aware of--I do the same thing. Hopefully someone can fill us in if there is a better way to do it.
rrandyy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:58 PM   #4
jkauff
macrumors member

Apple should get rid of the automatic space. I often have to backspace over it when I want to add an "s" to the Autocorrect word. If the reason for having it is the possibility of accidentally triggering the double-space period, they should just introduce an extra millisecond or two delay to the space bar.
jkauff is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Tags
autocorrect, ios 6, ipad, shortcut