Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:50 AM   #1
unequalized
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 not recognized in iTunes 10.6.3, OSX 10.5.8

I just got an iPhone 5 (iOS 6) and am trying to connect it to iTunes. Unfortunately, when I plug it in, iTunes says it needs version 10.7 to read the iPhone. I'm only able to get up to 10.6.3 because I am running OS 10.5.8 (can't update further). I've tried reinstalling iTunes as many have suggested in other threads, but I keep getting the same error message saying I need 10.7. Can I sync to iTunes WITHOUT updating my OS, which would require getting a newer Macbook, or am I out of luck? Thanks!
unequalized is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:47 AM   #2
JPNFRK7
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unequalized View Post
I just got an iPhone 5 (iOS 6) and am trying to connect it to iTunes. Unfortunately, when I plug it in, iTunes says it needs version 10.7 to read the iPhone. I'm only able to get up to 10.6.3 because I am running OS 10.5.8 (can't update further). I've tried reinstalling iTunes as many have suggested in other threads, but I keep getting the same error message saying I need 10.7. Can I sync to iTunes WITHOUT updating my OS, which would require getting a newer Macbook, or am I out of luck? Thanks!
I had a friend with the same problem not too long ago. She was going to need a new laptop to sync her phone because her mac got to old. I told her that she should find a windows laptop for a low price or update her computer. What I would do is, try to find someone in your family that wants to get rid of a old windows computer to sync with. My friend ended up going with the new mac.
iPodTouch3G 32GB RedSn0w JB 5.1.1
JPNFRK7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting