Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KunalAggarwal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2012
I've been searching for a while now on how to re-restore iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4. There are too many varying responses, and still I'm not clear about the process.
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 currently. Now since, Apple stopped signing iOS 5.x long time ago, how do I restore.
I have my 5.1.1 (9B206) blobs saved from cydia, have the corresponding ipsw.
I've read, people get strange error codes like -1.
How do I re-restore, and also if I happen to get into error -1, how do I get out of it?
Please help, its urgent.
Thanks!

j4l

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2012
I've been searching for a while now on how to re-restore iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4. There are too many varying responses, and still I'm not clear about the process.
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 currently. Now since, Apple stopped signing iOS 5.x long time ago, how do I restore.
I have my 5.1.1 (9B206) blobs saved from cydia, have the corresponding ipsw.
I've read, people get strange error codes like -1.
How do I re-restore, and also if I happen to get into error -1, how do I get out of it?
Please help, its urgent.
Thanks!

As long as you have your 5.1.1 shsh blobs then you should have no problems restoring to 5.1.1 firmware.

Use the latest version of redsnow to fetch your blobs if you dont already have it saved locally. If you do have them then i would use snowbreeze to cook yourself a custom firmware using your blobs. Then use that the custom firmware in itunes to restore...

Alternatively the latest version of redsnow does everything for you from fetching the blobs and restoring. Entirely upto you what route you want to go. Plenty of tutorials on iclarified.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.